Friday, June 09, 2006

OYE

Jillian started vomiting Wednesday night around 10:45 pm. She threw up a few times until 12:30 am and then went to sleep with me in my bed. Around 4 am, she wakes up vomiting again. From that point on she threw up every 20 - 30 mins. That was until she started vomiting every 15 mins and had the runs. Boy was that fun. We were vomit free from 11:30 until 2:30 on Thurday. I thought we were on the upward swing. Was I ever wrong...things went to hell in a hand basket. She was puking every 15 mins again. But now she was wretching so hard that it caused her too poop every time she barfed. Poor little thing, by the time I got her cleaned up from the vomiting, cleaned up her bum, and set her "bed" on the couch back up she had 5 minutes before the whole cycle started again.
She wanted to sleep in her own bed last night. But I put an end to that when she choked on her vomit. She wasn't sick in the night but she wanted a drink of water every 30 minutes or so. I'm exhausted from that but glad she was drinking. Today she only threw up 3 times but she's very under the weather and lethargic. She's still drinking but won't eat.
I'm supposed to go scrapbooking with my home girls tomorrow. I contemplated staying home but quite frankly, I need a break from the Puke Palace. Hubby thinks I need a break too...god love him.
I've disinfected every surface of this house this afternoon. I even did the door knobs outside. I would have dipped myself in bleach if I didn't think it would hurt like crazy.
Yesterday I got puke in my hair around 7 am. I rinsed it out but couldn't get in the shower to wash it until 5 pm. I wouldn't even shower when Jillian had a nap because she wouldn't even turn her head to throw up. I was terrified she choke. A bit too graphic? Try living it.

1 comment:

NickyT said...

Poor Jillian! Poor Mom! There is nothing any worse then a sick kiddo! At least she is drinking though which hopefully will not let her get dehydrated!

We missed you tonight!!! I know loser me on the laptop at 12:30am.