Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Soccer...Take 2

Jillian had another soccer game last night. She plays on the "Kangaroo" team and they're a pretty darn cute bunch of kids. Our little kangaroos certainly won't be playing in the soccer World Cup any time soon but they are entertaining.
The coach, Coach Jamie, as Jillian calls him did some drills with the kids and then they played a game against the "Jays". Our kids vastly improved over last week. Last week, there was only one Kangaroo left on the field by the time the drills were over and the game started. This week we had probably five kids on the field. We had Nolan (and Robin - his mom) in nets. Jillian, Abbey, Keagan, and Cassandra (maybe 2 others) in the field. Well, thank goodness for Keagan. He's really our only *player*. That little guy runs like stink and has great control over the ball. I love watching him play.
My darling daughter was on the field but not really into the game. Numerous times she laid down on her back in the middle of the field with her feet behind her head. I can already hear all the comments comimg from cyberspace about her being like her mother. She finally stands up and then she stands there twirling her pigtails with her fingers. Next she decides to twirl around in circles with her tongue sticking out of her mouth. She kinda looked like a special ed candidate at that point. At one point, the balls rolls to a stop right in front of her. Eric, my mom, and I are all cheering for her to kick the ball...it could be her moment to shine. What does she do? She runs over to me and asks if she can give Coach Jamie a hug!! My suggestion was the she wait until AFTER the game to give hugs.
I've mentioned in the past that I'm not much of an athlete. I'm sure you're thinking that she gets her feet behind her head, spinning, and twirling skills from me. Well, I'll have you know that I was pretty good soccer player in high school. I didn't play on the school team but I played in the city league in the summer. I played forward right wing and I was always first string. I loved playing soccer. I'm thinking that next summer I might check to see if there is a women recreational league in the city. What do you think Robin? Are you up for it???

4 comments:

Queen Mel said...

a special ed kid, I can't believe you said that - that cracked me right up!

Your crazy, I can see her spinning and twriling though, the mental picture cracks me up, the feet behind the head, yep thats mom re-incarnated......what can I say! If the shoe fits.

Anonymous said...

We should definitely sign up! Worst comes to worst, we'll bring some Fuzzy Ducks! Heck, if we can pole dance, we can surely play soccer! JJ may not be the most involved but she's the most entertaining!!!

b.c. Gurl said...

Are we sure out daughters aren't related?? I'm roaring laughing here! and why does everyone always say 'just like her mom!' ?? How do they know? my suggestion - get her out NOW!!! lol It gets worse!! lol E was in soccer last summer(5) and... well...she was more interested in the boys than she was the soccer ball! - and she was distracting the boys on the field too - there were little conversations going on in the middle of the field while the rest of the players whizzed by with the ball! rrrrr I do remember a few times when she started to do acrobatics on the field..She had a great coach, who would intervene and get her chasing the ball, but still...money well spent??!

Go for the city league!! that would be lots of fun :)

Kimmartha said...

After reading that blog, all I can say is thank goodness that field doesn't have any windows!!!!!

K