Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Part II

JJ had another rough afternoon at daycare today. But tonight at home was much better. She was back to using her manners, back to listening, and, thank goodness, back to using her big girl words. That screeching just about did me in. On the whole, she is generally a well mannered little girl. She gets excited from time to time and certainly in new situations but what 3 year old doesn't? For whatever reason, she has had a bee in her bonnet for the past few days. I think she is on the upward swing. I have an issue that I need to bring up with her teacher tomorrow regarding naps. It's minor but hopefully it will make the difference.

Tonight we did our first "acts of kindness" as JJ calls them. We had a bag of treats and we stopped at a few places. We hit my aunts place first. I called ahead to ask them NOT to answer the door. JJ got out of the car, ran to the door, left her treats on the step, rang the door bell and ran like hell. The whole time she is giggling and talking a mile a minute. I stood by the car and took photos of her. We went to Jay's next but it wasn't a ring and run. JJ had this big plan that she came up with on the way there. She was going to ring the bell and shout "Happy Wednesday!" when Jay answered. But she forgot all about the when she saw Lukey and Sunny. All she cared about was the dogs. Finally we went to my parent's house. She left candy at the front door, rang the bell and then ran to the backdoor to go in the house. She opened the door and promptly yelled "Nana, Grampy go get your candy!" The whole adventure was hilarious! My aunt called and said she could hardly stand not peeking out the window at us.

Every night after I tuck JJ into bed, I turn off the lights and we talk for a few minutes. Sometimes we make up stories, sometimes we sing, and sometimes I ask her about her day. It's really the only time she'll talk to me without any distractions. Tonight, I told her she was such a great girl, that I had alot of fun with her this evening, and that I was very impressed with her manners. I asked her what her favourite part of the evening was and she said "Doing the kindness, Momma". And that one single sentence, my friends, makes it all worthwhile.

6 comments:

NickyT said...

Amen, to that 1 sentence.

If the rest of the World could learn from that 1 sentence from a 3 year old.

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! She cracks me up!

I could have not answered the door, but I figured there was no way she could ignore the dogs - she would HAVE to say hi to them.

She is so funny ... she may be having a little struggle for some reason right now, but when it comes down to it, she's a really good egg.

Anonymous said...

I really hope H turns out to be half as good as JJ. She sounds like such a sweetheart, minus the bad days...lol

Queen Mel said...

awww, that is so sweet, that could be your title of the layout....

what a great idea!

Sunny said...

Sounds like JJ just had a little growing pain. They do that from time to time. Sometimes the hill is smaller than others but eventually they all get to the top and down the other side.

That was soooo sweet! You are such a good Mommy to your baby. I wish I could go back in time and do the same thing...maybe my oldest would be a different person today.

We did alot together but I can't help but wonder if I could have done more.

b.c. Gurl said...

awwww -- she's such a sweetie :) you have such a great relationship with her - I love hearing about the things you guys do :)