Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy V-Day to Me!


Awhile back I wrote post about people might perceive me having only read this blog and never met me. Well, that has gone a step further today. It's all harmless but it made me laugh. I was walking down King St at lunch time and I was approached by two completely separate people. The first girl had a basket. She handed me something and said "Happy Valentine's Day". After I walked away I looked in my hand and it was condom. As you can see it is in an appropriate red wrapper. I chuckled about it...I'm sure it was a safe sex/HIV activist and it's no big deal to me. Next I go to Read's Newsstand to get a magazine. As I'm paying, one of the employees behind the counter (not the one waiting on me) hands me a package of mints and says "Happy Valentine's Day.". Now take a close look at the photo...enlarge it if you must. Look at the name of the mints - MAKEOUT MINTS!! Hot diggity!! A condom and makeout mints from complete stangers on Valentine's Day. What more could a girl ask for?!?!
As I'm giggling about my good fortune. I start thinking about my Princess charm and my Sarahdipity - all in good humour of course. I must ask, why me? Do I just look approacheable? Do I look like a hussy? Do I look like I need to get laid? Maybe it's because I look like Lorelai Gilmore...LOL . Hmm...maybe if I head outside and stand still for a minute someone will offer me a "good time". Hey, I'm just looking to round out my other 2 gifts.
I have people approach me all the time. Anyone who spends any amount of time with me with back me up on this. My mother said this even happened when I was a child. One day I was telling her that old men, puppies, and babies seem to be drawn to me. I was semi joking because it is actually somewhat true. She said that has always been the case and she wasn't kidding.
Oh well whatever the reason, it's shaping up to be a good night ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God! Only you, Princess, only you.

Queen Mel said...

Ok here's my thought....

That stuck up bitch thinks shes better than everyone else.....maybe she could stand to get laid....only if her breath smelled better.....

LMAO (evil cackling happening here)

Anonymous said...

LMAO, that's just too funny!!! Your night is definitely looking good!!!

NickyT said...

If you come on and tell us that you got a rose from Fox Radio Station - then that is 110% Sarahdipity!

You had Timothys coffee didn't you! Oh and those, YUMMY oatmeal date cookies. The 2 things I miss most about working downtown both at Reids!