Monday, February 19, 2007

Is It Time For Bed Yet?

Unfortunately, it's not even close to supper time yet. I'm sooo tired and it's going to be a long afternoon. The littlest Princess woke up last night around 2:30 am. She said she wasn't sick or anything. She just couldn't sleep. I can relate. I've had that problem a few times in the past few weeks.
I asked her what I could do to help her sleep and she said the "cowboy song" would help. So at 3 am I'm scouring the house for a Dixie Chicks CD. I would have run around the block if would help her get back to sleep. I finally found the CD and left her room. It wasn't long until the "cowboy song" came on and I was laying in bed listening to her sing "Cowboy Take Me Away". It's her favourite song lately and I love to listen to her sing it. But not so much at 3:15 am.

At 4 am, she called out that she needed to be covered up. She also informed us that it was snowing outside. The little bugger had been standing on her bed looking out her window. I rolled over and grunted to the Mister that he is now on duty. He got up and tucked her in. Only about 20 mins go by and she is calling out again because she has lost her polar bear. Eric started to get a bit frustrated with her but then she pulls this out of her bag of tricks..."But Daddy, it's the polar bear YOU gave me and I love him and I need him...sniff, sniff." Hee hee....that's MY girl. Of course, he crumbles and searches frantically for the bear.

The poor thing finally fell back to sleep around 5 am. We have to wake her up at 6:30 to get ready for work. I just couldn't do that to her after only having been asleep for 90 mins. So I let her sleep until she woke up (8:30) and Eric came to get us when he could get away from the office. I got to work at 11:30.

Okay, so I've never been at daycare at lunch time before. Our kids eat in a diningroom at a table just their size. There is another table with the bowls, utensils, food, cups, and milk. The kids serve themselves!! JJ's class was done eating when she arrived so I had a bird's eye view watching her serve herself. It was so freaking adorable. I wanted to cry. I usually have my camera with me but I left it at home today in the rush to get out the door. I'm kicking my behind now.

Anyway, it sparked a great idea for me. I'm going to talk to JJ's teacher and ask if she would document JJ's day at daycare if I sent a disposable camera or two. You know, a layout (or small album) that is all "A day in the the life of JJ" I'm totally excited about this. I think the teacher will be totally on board for this. I think the owner will love it too. I can't wait to mention it after work.

2 comments:

NickyT said...

The little Turkey! She was up and at 'em at 2:30 this morning! I want to hear her sing the *Cowboy Song*! Maybe she will do a duet with me!

I totally, I mean over the top TOTALLLY love the idea of a Day in the life of JJ! What a great idea!

Queen Mel said...

snicker - maybe I should ask for the same thing.......snicker, snicker.....what do you think?

nick - can you order in some old batman like stickers that say "POW", "SNAP", "UGH"? LOL

That cracked me up...