Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Random Acts of Kindness

Alright, when I had this stroke of genius, see previous post, I really wasn't thinking ahead as to how I would explain this concept to my sweet, sweet daughter. I started by asking her if there was anyone who had been especially nice to her lately. She gaves names of the usual suspects - her buddies at daycare. I decided to go in another direction after that. Next, I asked her if she knows what kindess is. She does and I knew this and she replied yes. So, I told her that we were going to go the store and buy some treats. Then we would take them to someone's house, of her choice, and leave them as a surprise for them. She was really excited and thought this was a fabulous idea (her works exactly). In fact she wanted to do it right that minute. We couldn't because we were on our way to dance class.

So she's all geared up, we're both excited about the idea. It's time to make a list of people we will surprise. I asked her "Who do you want to leave treats for?" Her reponse? "I want to treat myself, Momma!" She 3 years old...of course she wants to treat herself! What was I thinking?!
I tried to get her to name people other than herself but she wasn't giving in (she gets that from me...LOL)

I'm thinking tomorrow night we will go get some treats and start ringing door bells. Now, if I could just figure out how to photograph our first hit, I mean act of kindess, I'd be all set!

2 comments:

Kimmartha said...

Take a photographer with you. Would Mr Princess do it? If not, how about your Dad or Mom? Or, you could stage one just for the pics!

NickyT said...

I can't wait to hear how this turns out!

I'm still the same way - I can't go shopping for anybody else and not come out with something for moi! LOL