Saturday, February 10, 2007

Winterfest - Ouch

JJ and I ventured over to Winterfest this afternoon. I was all gung-ho to go this afternoon and I was looking forward to going again with my cousin and her family tomorrow. We live very close to the Winterfest site. In fact the entrance is pretty much at the end of our street. Boy is that deceiving. Oye. It was a loooooooong, difficult walk from Sunset drive donw the the actual site. There wasn't alot of room for pedestrians so it wasn't very safe. The walk there wasn't fun but the walk home plain ole sucked. Sucked hard.

We had a great time on the slides and in the snow mazes. JJ thought it was great! There were alot of peoploe there so the lines were long. But the lines for the snow slide moved pretty quickly.

The walk home was all up hill. JJ was really tired by then so she wanted to be carried. I put her on my back for awhile and then on my shoulder. I just have to ask...Do any of you know how difficult it is to put a 43 lbs child all dressed in winter gear on your shoulders??? I'm sure the cars driving past me have a very good idea. By the time I got home, I had my mittens off, my coat unzipped, blisters on my feet, and I was sweaty.

We had fun while we were there but getting home kinda ruined it for me. To be honest, a few slides down the snow slide were not worth the effort to get there and home. But I won't tell JJ because she loved it.

3 comments:

Queen Mel said...

buck up princess....

Mad&Soapy said...

We're heading over tomorrow. I think we'll try to catch the "free" bus...but I was wondering how close it would bring you. I remember parking last year and teh walk taking forever! Oh well...we missed it last year without all the snow, so we've got high hopes this time around...and to answer your question...Yes - I am aware of the difficulties associated with hoisting a 45lb snow ready child onto my shoulders...That's why we're dragging a sled;) LOL

NickyT said...

A sled - I was thinking the same thing when you were telling me the story today lol.

Are you going back tomorrow?

Did they have ice sculptures?