Sunday, February 25, 2007

Pink Eye

I have freakin' pink eye. I woke up in the night and my left eye was crusted shut. I got up to look in the mirror and sure enough it's is glowing red. I went back to bed and when I woke up and 7 am I had to ge a hot cloth to get my eye open. Gross. I hate pink eye. Now that I think of it, my eye was a bit itchy before I went to bed.

As soon I as was done prying my eye open, I disinfected everything I could have possibly touched. I don't know where I could have picked this up. JJ and I have been home sick since Thursday. She seems fine. We went to a party at McDonald's yesterday afternoon but PE doesn't incubate that quickly does it? Dammit, I'm not happy. This means I miss yet another day of work. This dose is bad enough that I need antibiotics and that can't happen until tomorrow.

Just so you know, I'm going to put about this all day...maybe longer.

6 comments:

Sunny said...

pink eye is very contagious and can sit on a surface without dying for awhile...that's why those ball things that kids play in at McDonalds and other places are nothing but incubators for germs. All the tunnels that kids have to crawl through are highways for germs to get into your house....mmmmm McDonalds sounds so wonderful!
Heather had pink eye before but we never caught it. Thank goodness. Hope you get better soon.

Queen Mel said...

darn it, thats too bad....I don't have pink eye but my eyes have been red and itchy since Wednesday morning (I haven't been around you though - LOL)...I'm blaming mine on the cat, since we threw out our vacuum the cat hair has overun us, the swiffer just doesn't pick it all up.

Queen Mel said...

you know what feels good for the itchy eye......

don't laugh at me!!! My grandmother did this...

Put a clean potatoe in the freezer for 10 minutes, cut 2 slices and put them on your eyes, it takes black circles away and cools the itchyness of the eye.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Just starting to move around now without puking my guts out. Still super dizzy and shaky. Other unpleasant symptoms that I won't go into detail about. Needless to say, TODAY SUCKS!

NickyT said...

Awwww Man! You guys just can't get a healthy break can yas!

Sure hope it clears up quickly for you.

Never heard of the potatoe remedy did you try it?

Jay, hope your feeling better too!

b.c. Gurl said...

eee - hope it's better today - and hope it doesn't spread! pink eye definitely sucks!