Monday, February 05, 2007

Therapy

Okay, here I am by popular request. I wasn't in much of a mood to write anything these past few days. I've been in a bad mood up until now. However, one hug from my adorable daughter, one chocolate bar, and one hour of retail therapy later and I'm good to go. I've made a decision to be in a good mood starting 23 minutes ago.

I was in such a bad mood yesterday that I shovelled the driveway to blow of steam. The neighbours must think I've come unhinged because I was loudly talking to myself while I was shovelling. The fact that I shovelled the driveway should be an indication of how pissed I was. There are only 2 things I refuse to do around the house 1) shovel the driveway (I have no good excuse...I simply refuse) 2) mow the lawn (I'm very allergic and it could kill me). Oh wait, three things - I do NOT scoop dog poop.

In the car on the way back to work (not the source of my mood btw), I was talking to myself (see a pattern here?) trying to psych myself up for the mood change. I started to think about kindess and I've decided to start teaching JJ about random acts of kindness and paying it forward. Starting this week, on a warmer day, I will attempt to explain the concept to her. I will get her to pick someone and we will get a treat for them, leave it at their door, ring the bell, and run like hell. If nothing else it will be a good laugh. Especially for anyone who sees me trying to carry my 43 lbs kid while running.

So if your doorbell rings in the next little while it might be JJ and I leaving you a little something. Please give me a minute to make my get away. If you see me sprawled out at the end of your driveway just pretend not to see us and call 911. Oh, and if you live out in the boondocks I wouldn't bother waiting by the door.

7 comments:

Queen Mel said...

Well I guess that rules me out...LOL

NickyT said...

Me too ... LOL

Retail therapy is the best therapy! What did you buy???

Kimmartha said...

Boondocks Shmoondocks! It's not fair to single us out by our addresses...isn't that a form of bullying?!! :) That sounds like a fun way to teach her though - maybe I should try that with my kids. Although, I think I will wait until summer...!!!

Dee said...

Cool idea - I guess I won't wait by the door either - way out here in the Charters Sett boondocks.

Sunny said...

That's too bad that you were in such a bad mood. I have been feeling crappy like that for the past few days as well.

Retail therapy is always good. I did that the other day and bought some nice stuff at Reitmans. I feel a bit better now.

I went to see "Because I said so..." last night and "Catch and Release" a few nights before that. Normally I don't go to so many movies but I just really needed to escape into another world and since "Dawson's Creek" makes me feel sad I don't watch it anymore.

Hope you are feeling better now but if you aren't Snooty Fox is just across the street. I can arrange for a few hops and barley to be consumed after work with a bunch of girls in a matter of a few emails...

Anonymous said...

I live in the city, does that mean I am in the running...lol

"The real" MarthaSue said...

being in the phillipines...I guess I'm out of the question...LOL

Have a great week! Glad therapy is helping!! LOL

ttyl