Friday, September 29, 2006

Gloomy Day

I'm back on a carribean vacation kick again. It must have something to do with the weather. When it gets cold and gloomy I start to crave the beach. Eric and I are currently in talks with another couple to pick a vacation destination. We've all been to the Dominican Republic a few times so we don't want to go again and Cuba is out for different reasons. We've discussed Mexico and Jamaica. I'd love to go back to Jamaica...I really, really love it. Hopefully in the next week we'll have an idea of a destination.
I even like getting ready for the trip. Buying new bikinis (a favourite hobby of mine), getting sunscreen, hats, toiletries, going tanning to get a base (I sunburn like the dickens.), digging out my summer clothes and trying them all on. Sigh....I'd take the first plan to any place tropical right now.
I'd looooove to go to a Sandals resort but that's out of our price range. Besides all I really need is a clean beach, palm trees, and some food. All the rest is icing on the cake.

Two requests today 1) Does anyone have any destination suggestions? 2) Anyone want to join us? We're likely going mid to the end of April.

5 comments:

Queen Mel said...

Nassau in the Bahama's is absolutely gorgeous, I would go back there in a heart beat.

Rainy days really get to you don't they.

The Original Princess said...

Yup.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! How sweet of you to offer to take us!! Hee, hee...now I'm dreaming!!
R

NickyT said...

How about Hawaii?

The Original Princess said...

ha ha ha...You're all so funny.