Monday, September 11, 2006

In my Humble Opinion

I have strep throat. I was up bright and early to call my doctor's office this morning only to be told he wasn't in the office today. So I packed Jillian up and we drove to the Oromocto ER. We arrived at 10:10 and we were in the parking lot leaving at 10:47! In my humble opinion, it is NOT a good sign when the doctor looks in your mouth and says "That's a nasty mess."
I already new I had strep. I looked down my throat this morning with a flashlight and I didn't have to look far to see the giant puss postules. Also, last night I woke up short of breath because I could feel my airway restricted from the swelling.
Oh well, there is a silver lining. I have plenty of time to scrapbook for the next 2 days. Hopefully, I don't drool on my pages.

4 comments:

LadyLipgloss said...

You got 2 days off? Damn, I only got 4 hours...

Queen Mel said...

1) Boy are you lucky your not down & out like I was - I hate you for that by the way, I could hardly leave my bed it was too much effort

2) You describe the inside of your throat very well - TMI

3) Is J ok?

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really got fast service in Oromocto! Did they check JJ out too? You have until Thursday to get better, I think that's when we're going out for Suzy's b-day. So start getting better NOW!!
R

NickyT said...

Ummmm, my throat is sore today too. I keep hoping it is just psychological.

Does JJ have it?

Sarah, you are 1 mess girl! Holy moly - how is your eye/