Sunday, September 10, 2006

Woe is Me

Thursday night I was putting treat bags together for Jillians birthday party. I pulled a package of Finding Nemo rulers out of the shopping bag a bit too hard and I took the rulers to the eye. I dropped the rulers and sat with me hand over my eye. I told by dear husband that I thought I really hurt myself. He told me he once had a hole in his eye. Ummmm....I'm okay, thanks for asking, Dear. My eye was sore but I went to bed and fell asleep.
The next morning I got up, got ready for work, put in my contacts and put my makeup on as usual and didn't think anything of it. My eye was tender but nothing crazy. I did have the tip of a ruler inside my eye only a few hours before. I was standing at Tim's with my boss and co-workers around 8:30 and I was whining that my right eye was blurry and told them what happened. They sugguested that I should call my eye doctor.
When we got back to the office, I called the eye Dr and told them what I had done and that I had a blurry spot in my vision. I thought maybe I had cut my eyeball. The lady very calmly told me to come to the office immediately.
I made my way to the office and they took me in right away. The optometrist explained to me that they weren't too concerned that I had cut my eyeball because, apparently, I would be in a lot of pain and the light would be unbearable. Instead they were concerned that I had damaged the inside of my eye. She then went on to explain that I may have torn or detached my retina. Just incase you don't know....this is a big deal. A tear can be fixed by laser here in F'ton but if I had a detached retina it would have been an immediate trip to Halifax for surgery. Oye.
Anyway, they checked me all out. They dialated my pupil and took pics of the inside of my eye. Everything appeared to be fine but the optometrist said sometimes these things can appear a few days after an injury. So she gave me some criteria and told me to call her at home if any of those things happened. Thankfully, everything seems to be fine so far...with my eye anyway.
This morning I woke up with a sore throat and an ear ache. When I touch my neck it feels like someone inserted golf balls under my skin. Ouch.
Sigh, when it rains it pours. They say things happens in "3's". What next? My nose falls off?

Edit - Jillian is now puking.

No comments: