Sunday, September 24, 2006

Just a Few Points

Religion Part II - just a few points.

*For the record, I'm not anti-religion.
* I like learning about different reglions. I just don't necessarily believe. It's no different than a Jewish person finding Hinduism interesting and learning abou itt - they just don't necessarily believe. Make sense?
* I NEVER talk about this stuff in front of my daughter. In fact, I'll likely be a giant hypocrite and send her to Sunday School. Why? So she can learn, be informed, and make her own decisions for herself.
* I rarely say much about my relgious beliefs to anyone but my husband and one other friend who has similar thoughts and questions. Why? Because I would NEVER want to cause anyone to question their own beliefs. I've spoken to some of you about it but only very little.
* The DaVinci Code did NOT help form my opinions on religion. Having said that, I must ask, retorically, would it be so bad if Jesus and Mary Magdelene were married and had a family? Would it be so bad to have Jesus also be a good example of family? I'm not foolish enough to think it's that simple.
* The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons (another novel by the same author) made me ask questions about the Vatican. Specifically, what world history is locked up that we don't know about and how different our world would be. Same for government secrets.
* Here is the one I know some people are waiting for....What was the main influence is my religious opinions? I went to St. Thomas University...ironically enough a catholic university. It was an eye opener for me.

2 comments:

Queen Mel said...

I have to say, I find your ideas very interesting and your aspects and outlooks. Not that I agree or disagree I just like to hear other peoples ideas.

I know I can't debate either way with you, I haven't educated myself enough on other religions and such but it is very interesting to me.

NickyT said...

Love that it was a Catholic University that planted some very interesting points!