Friday, September 01, 2006

INXS

I mentioned INXS in my last post and decided to write about my concert experience with them.

I didn't really watch Rockstar - INXS but I heard all the talk and knew JD Fortune, from Nova Scotia, won the show. So the day of the concert here, my best bud Shelley called and asked if I wanted to go. I said sure - she was surprised I said yes :) Anyway, I'm so glad I went it was a really great concert! JD Fortune is a great entertainer and every bit a rockstart. I absolutely left the concert a huge fan. Side note - my not quite 3 year old daughter will tell you her favourite song is Devil's Party by INXS.
Here is the part of the concert I wanted to share. I know some of you have heard this already but hang in there. I had 2 empty seats beside me at the concert. At intermission a local media celebrity and his young son take the seats. The man strikes up a conversation with me and we chit chat until the show starts. He was really nice and I'd guess his son was about 10 or 11 years old.
I cant' remember what song it was but during an excrutiatingly long instrumental, JD simulates oral sex on a woman with his microphone stand. OH MY GOD! It was very, very graphic and left nothing to the imagination. Normally this stuff doesn't bother me but this time all I can thing of is "SHIT, I'm standing beside a 10 year old boy. Oh my god, does he know what this is? Don't look at him! Yes, he knows what this is, he's like 10 or 11 years old!" There was alot more swearing going on in my head, I tell you. It was so painfully long and so incredibly uncomfortable. That episode was half way through the set and at the end of the concert I couldn't even look in their direction. Oye. As, Pritty Kitty says....that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: