Thursday, September 28, 2006

Got Me Some Boots

I bought myself a new skirt (hold in your laughter and jokes) and sweater yesterday. Then I decided that the new skirt could only be worn with boots. Of course, I did not have the appropriate boots that I envisioned for this outfit. I decided to buy some today at lunch time. I did not think for one minute it would be an easy task...for multiple reasons. Frist, and formost, the women in my family are blessed with tree trunks for legs. Argh...it is such a task to find boots that come just below the knee and zip up. We (my mom, sister, and I) can't get the stupid boots to zip over our fats calves. Sorry Jenn, but you know it's the sad truth. If we can finally get them zipped, with the help of large machinery, there is little to no blood flow the the lower portion of the leg.
The second problem, for me anyway, is that I'm so darn picky. When I was a kid my mother refused to go shoe shopping with me. She found it so frustrating that she sent me with my grandmother. I can't say I blame her. I distinctly remember being in grade 1 and I HAD to have sneakers to the following specifications - velcro, gray in color, with a little side pocket that zippered. I was 6 years old...what the hell? Well, my Nanna found them for me...of course. I'm just as specific about my boots. I didn't want them to be chunky, I hate when they slouch or wrinkle and I detest when they are to tight around the ankle. The boots must zip, cannot be pull on in a sock-like fashion around the calf. They must be leather (or fake at least) in nature and must NOT have any animal markings at all (ei snake skin....ewwwwww...I actually saw some).
I really didn't think I'd find some today but lo and behold I did! And in under and hour! How do you like them apples? I will say that the purchase of said boots has made those extra stamp sets I wanted a thing of the past. The boots are mine, all mine for the low, low price of...$140. I will be buried in those boots....maybe sooner rather than later if hubby finds the receipt.

4 comments:

Queen Mel said...

R U NUTS woman! Hubby is NOT going to like that. Mine would keel over at that price.

I'm guessing you didn't find them at Wal-Mart?

Holy Cats Batman! Do they come with garters too? Hubby might forget the price if they come with "other accessories" LOL

You can always tell him that when he puts the pole in your bedroom you'll promise to wear them......LMAO

Anonymous said...

See, those g-string panties with the ruffles could have come in handy!!
R

NickyT said...

I can't wait to see these boots!! You should of posted us a picture - oh yeah you can't I forgot you don't have a digital camera!!

Robin, you have me cracking up! Eric wouldn't mind then I'm sure! Oh but would she have to make another stop at Avalon first? LOL

I saw a girl today wearing those baggy capri pants and boots. It looked good too! We have to find you multiple outfits to make sure you get your monies worth!

The Original Princess said...

They are comfortable boots. The heel isn't too high at all. In fact, the heel is the same as the boots I wear every day. I'm going to wear them Monday I think.