Friday, April 20, 2007

Whaddya know...

Hmmm...it turns out the board at the restaurant with the blue door was right. Spring has Sprung. It it wasn't a cruel joke after all and they did know something I didn't. I'm so happy to see the sun yesterday and today. I'm going to be even happier when I see it tomorrow.

So what does a Princess do to celebrate the sun? She goes shopping of course. New capris and a sleeveless shirt for me. Yay me! I really have to make a point to stay away from stores. Yesterday I bought the Littlest Princess a good portion of her summer wardrobe. Darn kid keeps growing. It is almost beyond my comprehension when I hear other parents say that clothes from last summer still fit this year. Good lord, JJ's pants from December are too short. I'm not kidding. At her 3.5 year assessment earlier this week, they told me she is 43 inches tall and 47 lbs. They said her height and weight are perfectly in proportions with each other. However, those numbers are off the chart. Meaning she is in the most upper percentile of height and weight for children her age. I worry she'll be teased about this when she goes to school. But I have a plan, I will have Mr Princess beat up the father of any kid that picks on her. ;)
Anyway, we are headed to my parent's deck for the first BBQ and Friday drink of the summer. Tomorrow I'm going to sit outside in a lawn chair wearing flip flops. Even if my chair is in a snowbank. I'm done with winter. And that is that.

7 comments:

proudmamma said...

sounds great! We too were at my parents deck for the first spring drink. It was refreshing!!

Sunny said...

All night tonight we sat on my front porch in the porch swing watching the all the kids in the neighbourhood playing on my front lawn. I should have been having a drink but I had to make a good impression with the other parents...let them know who I really am later in the friendship.

Sounds like a great night and an ever better weekend. Drink on your Dad's deck...I will be right over! lol!!

The Original Princess said...

He'd be tickled pink of either of you 2 showed up.

Queen Mel said...

in a snowbank, come on.....its not like you live in Tay Creek, I would really be in a snowbank...hey maybe that will be my next layout.......Bailey wanted to get out her pool for god sakes, I told her to go ask daddy and he said "don't you see we are surrounded in snow child?"

NickyT said...

Flip Flop Season has begun! I am all about Flip Flops!

WHEN WE GOING FOR OUR PEDICURES???? I wonder what brown toe nails with a pink flower on my big toe would look like......or better yet....polka dots. Oh yeah baby, chocolate brown toes with pink polks dots. Totally me and will match my Brown AE sandles with polka dots! Everybody hurry up and decide!

gypsybug said...

I am only inside right now reading the blogs and emails....then outside I go for the day. Emily is dieing to play with a buddy...so we gotta get some air for her.

Anonymous said...

It was soo nice to go walking outside for a change. Hannah just loved it she squealed with laughter the whole time...or maybe she just liked her new summer hat that mommy bought her...hehe.