Monday, April 16, 2007

Thank You

This may be a bit presumptuous but I'm posting this here in the event that any of the ladies from the crop this weekend read my blog. If anyone does read it, will you pass my message on to anyone else you know that was at the crop? I'd really appreciate it.

The ladies who attend our Diva Crop this weekend got together and hatched a plan. After our opening remarks, one of the ladies took over the podium and presented each of the committee members with a gift certificate to Avalon Spa. The entire committee was all so touched. I don't think I've ever seen 9 women all start to cry so quickly. I instantly had tears running down my face. The certificate to the spa was wonderful. But more touching was that these ladies thought enough of us to do this for us. I know Karen and Mary Kay were involved in spear heading this project.

I want to thank each and everyone one of the ladies involved in making this surprise happen for us. I wanted to go around and give each and everyone of you a big thank you hug. I'm getting teary again writing this. I'm not usually a big cryer but I just can't believe you did this for us. We have always thought everyone enjoyed the weekend crops but this certainly validated it for us. You probably have no idea how much your actions and kind words have touched each and every one of us committee members.

Angela and Eleanor - thank you for the sweet cards. Thank you for your kind words and for thinking of us.

Each time we have one of these events, participants comment on how much work must go into the weekends. My answer is always the same - Yes, a lot of work and planning does go into it but we really have so much fun doing it. My answer probably sounds like a cliche but it's so true. I only wish you could be a fly on the wall at our meetings where we laugh so hard our stomachs hurt. I wish you could have seen Nicole and I on Thursday afternoon at the store. We were surrounded by tonnes of boxes, totally overwhelmed, no idea where to start and both of us giggling with the same "oh my, what do we do now" nervous giggle. But we were still laughing and having fun.

Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for your kindness and a great weekend.

7 comments:

gypsybug said...

Thank you to everyone for making it such a wonderful weekend. Can't wait to start helping with October!

Queen Mel said...

ok everything that Princess said - ditto for me too!

NickyT said...

Very well worded and I agree word for word. I would love to post this on the store blog to make sure everybody sees it.

Dee said...

I was thinking the same thing Nick when I was reading it - post it on the store blog so everyone can read it. Very well said Sarah - I totally agree with all you said. It still makes me tear up when I think about that amazing gesture from all the scrappers. What an awesome group of woman!

The Original Princess said...

Feel free

Mad&Soapy said...

Yup - Huge thanks from me too!! I can't even put into words how much it meant to me too!

Anonymous said...

Very well said, Princess. Not saying anymore. Getting too mushy.