Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Got an Ark?

It's raining something out there, let me tell you. I've been in and out all day and I still have yet to dry out from my first outing early this morning. My hair is wet and stringy, my bangs have taken on a life of their own, my pant legs are wet up to my knees, and my boots are just holding tanks for cold water. But such is life in the Maritimes. Just smile and run like hell to get out of the rain.

Mr. Princess and I went to a local restaurant for lunch. I'll give you a hint. It has a blue door :) They have a large chalkboard on the wall that has "Spring has Sprung!" in big old letters. My first reaction was "WHERE???????" I thought for sure that restaurant knew something the rest of us don't. I was hoping my server would tell me where to find spring when she brought us the cheque but no dice. I guess I'll keep looking. To be honest, I thing it was just a cruel, cruel joke. Either that or the writer of that particular message has lost their sense of touch, sight, sound. I'm pretty sure they've never had a sense of humour...otherwise they wouldn't have written that damn message to begin with.

Edit - I was so cold after lunch that I asked my dad to bring me a sweater after his lunch. We work in the same building but for different departments. Anyway, he brings me a knit atrocity that is 5 sizes too big and is covered in dog hair. The dog has been dead for at least 2 years. Oye.

6 comments:

gypsybug said...

thank goodness we can get our vitamin D elsewhere! Come out and play sun!!!!

Queen Mel said...

LOL and Ewww all at the same time.....I'm so tired I'm smelling wet dog right now, I hope I'm not having a brain problem?

NickyT said...

I hate this weather.........I have nothing more to say.

b.c. Gurl said...

omg -- I just about spit my coffee all over the screen - that is too funny!! is it by chance one your dad doesn't like, so he figures you're a good way to get rid of it?? lol

I understand your rain pain - definitely had my share thanks -- you can all have it!!

Mad&Soapy said...

Gotta Love Dads ;) Mine would have brought me a down filled parka that was too big for him and woolen boots to match - he's the king of over-do and well...you've seen teh size of him. The real question is - did it at least keep you warm??

The Original Princess said...

I did not put it on. I would have then smelled like wet dog!