Friday, April 27, 2007

So Bad Yet So Good

I know tanning is really bad for you but it's so relaxing. I don't normally go to a tanning salon unless I'm heading south. But today I threw caution to the wind and to Miami I went.

I'm reading the form they have you fill out and the whole process cracks me up. They give a list of things that make you a high risk tanner and if you say yes to a few of these they don't suggest you are a good candidate for tanning. Here are the criteria I remember:
* cancer runs if you family - not that I'm aware of
* you burn easily - Yup!
* you've had moles removed - Check!
* were born with many moles on your body - Of course!
* have a very fair complexion - Call me Casper!

So what did they say when I answered yes to all of these? "Do you want to start today?"

LOL...sign me up! My gravestone will say "She died of cancer but boy was she relaxed."

3 comments:

gypsybug said...

she was relaxed and a great colour!

Queen Mel said...

no, no, no - it will say

"She died of cancer - we think but dammit she looked HOT"

awareness said...

hey, we share the same secret :)

I LOOOOOOVVVVEEE how meditatively wonderful it is. I take my music and zone out.

Did you read the article in the
Sat. Globe about the research on Vitamin D.....it is now shown that Vit. D (from the sun) has a highly preventative substance to it with respect to cancer. I kid you not. Yesterday's front page.

So.......here's the question.....

Can one get Vitamin D from the tanning bed or does one have to fruity vitamin D cocktails while tanning at Miami in order to up the prevention?

hot, hot, hot..........hotteeee!