Thursday, April 26, 2007

Route 8

Ah, the infamous Route 8. I normally I only travelled Route 8 from Killarney Lake to Doaktown. The highway is known for being dangerous. It's narrow, curvy, heavily travelled by transport trucks ,and the road surface is in bad shape.

I travel Route 8 on a semi-regular basis and I don't like it. But I don't like it for a different reason than what I've listed above. I don't like it because there are precious few restrooms on the damn road from Boiestown to Fredericton. If usually get a large coffee on my way to Boiestown/Doaktown. If I don't hit the Boiestown Irving on my way home I'm out of luck.

Yesterday, I didn't think I needed to stop and was I sadly mistaken. I drove straight through and then made a detour in Durham. Well, by the time I left Durham I was in a bad way. I had so badly judged my need to stop at the Irv that I was shaking. I couldn't even sit in my seat properly for fear I would have an accident. And I don't mean the motor vehicle type.

So I say never mind the new highway, just put in more spot for pee breaks and it'll all be good...for me anyway. And a pot of coffee wouldn't hurt either...I'm just sayin'.

6 comments:

awareness said...

AMEN!

Have you ever noticed how strange the lady behind the counter is at the Irving in Boiestown? Whenever I've asked her a question, or tried to strike up a friendly bit of banter, she reacts like a deer caught in the headlights.

Ah........the but the washroom is clean!!

Remind me the next time our paths cross to tell you a gut busting story about a "Needs" worker on her way home from McAdam. It'll make you pee your pants.

Queen Mel said...

isn't your cousin a nurse? Rig up some cathater thingy? More work, less pee breaks.....

The Original Princess said...

Awareness - I know exactly what you mean about the cupcake at the Irving. She is certainly a different bird.

No pun intended about the Needs story, huh :))

Mel - EWWWWWW!

NickyT said...

LOL - all I could see while reading this was you squirming having to go potty and thinking well at least I have something to blog about! hahahaha

gypsybug said...

I should share a story of me carpooling with a coworker (one of the senior lawyers in the office) and me having really bad gas.

proudmamma said...

Hey, you can even get your catheter hooked up to a leg bag. No one needs to know you have one...I can even teach you "self catheterization" if you'd like. I'm always here to help!