Monday, April 02, 2007

It's Monday. Yay.

I'm not one that normally dislikes Mondays. But boy did today start off with a bang.

We were busy but fine leaving the house. I had to take everything but the kitchen sink with me this morning. Daycare drop off was no problem. Getting in and sitting at my desk was a breeze. Without getting into specifics, I got bitched out this morning for no good reason. I was just minding my own business and bam! I got sucked in the middle between 2 people. I'm a helper by nature but, unfortunately, that will be reigned in from now on . I will stick to being helpful to a select group and that's it. The rest can stick it. Bad attitude yes but I'm sick of bitchy civil servants with a chip on their shoulder. I won't let them drag me down...they've gotta catch me first.

Then I started working on a complicated task that is overwhelming me. I just need some guidance. Once my super co-worker with the patience of a saint returns to correct my errors, I'll be back on track.

My tax return is lost in cyberspace. I received a letter saying my refund was deposited but hence it's not in my accounts. It's not that I need the cash but it disturbs me that the revenue agency can't find it and neither can the bank. Ahhhh...just another case of them asking my family to bend over and take it. Seriously, they have my parents, my sister and I blacklisted. Some perverse sicko is sitting in an office somewhere laughing. On a slow day at the office, he/she thinks "Oops, the Princess family is starting to think they are in the clear. Time for action, boys!" And we bend over once more...

I'm drinking my second coffee of the day. Tims. I cannot drink Tims any longer. It makes my stomach hurt. While you must be thinking "OMG, the poor girl! What will she do without Tim's?!?!" This is actually good news. At least it's one more clue as to what I can avoid eating. Any other coffee seems fine.

I'm starting to come around now. It'll all work out...it always does.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some Mondays are good and some just suck... Next Monday is bound to be good, it's a holiday!!
R

Sunny said...

What a crappy day for you!!

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I have been sucked into the middle of stuff with co-workers before too. It is hard not to sometimes. Usually it ends the same way.

NickyT said...

You have had a whirl wind of a week Princess. Lets not even talk taxes shall we - that makes my stomach hurt lol.

I sure wish Starbucks had a drive thru. I would drink Iced Carmel Mocchaittas daily. My pocket book would hurt though with it being 4 daily.

Go for Irving coffee....yummy. Lots of flavoured cream and hazlenut blend. I could have one right now!

Queen Mel said...

Irving just came out with different types of hot drinks with wheat grass and other crap you can add to it and caffeine is one too.....they are called buzz cup?

NickyT said...

Wheat grass coffee - hmmmm - very interesting. What is the benefit of the Wheat grass I wonder.

Kimmartha said...

Depends - are you drinking it or smoking it? Hahaha!

Queen Mel said...

ok kim...you made me really "laugh out loud"......I could just hear you saying that......funny!

gypsybug said...

my monday was such a waste...i spent my whole day in pjs. I took a shower this afternoon only to put on more pjs.

proudmamma said...

Sometimes when I'm feeling blue, I turn up the volume & go to www.theevolutionofdance.com. For six minutes I giggle at the silly man dancing & of course I enjoy the music. Try this next monday SJ, I'm sure you would enjoy it! Your co-workers may get a little anoyed with the music, but I think it's worth it.
J