Sunday, October 15, 2006

Oh What a Night

This has not been a good evening. Sunday supper at my parents was interesting to say the least. The event was topped off with Jillian doing a face plant. She was dancing in their livingroom on the hardwood floor. I can't remember what type of move she was doing but my sister said Jillian jumped in the air doing some crazy dance move. Well, she did a face plant on the floor and all I can remember is her face bouncing off the floor. I was sitting on the floor right beside her so I grabbed her. My mom screamed and the only other thing I can remember is Jenn, my sister, leaving the room. Jillian had blood around her 2 top front teeth in the back. One tooth is chipped but they seem to be in her gums solidly. She also developed a big purple bruise on her chin almost immediately. We got her some ice and not 3 minutes later she was asking to dance again - she's a tough little cookie. She got up and immediately came back over to me. She said her bottom teeth hurt too. I took and look and there was blood around the base of one tooth. It is loose. My heart sunk and my stomach was in my throat. I felt ill.
Fast forward to about 7:30 - I gave her some advil to dull the pain around 6 pm. By 7:30 she was comfortable enough to let me take another look in her mouth. I found 2 more loose teeth on the bottom. That's 3 total. I'm bawling as I sit here typing. I'm so upset. I have recurring nightmares about looking my own teeth.
I'll be calling the dentist first thing in the morning but, really, what are they going to be able to do. My mom said the teeth might tighten up again. One of the 3 teeth is very loose and I suspect it is perhaps cracked under the gum line. The other 2 maybe will tighten up again. I feel so bad for her. My poor baby.

2 comments:

Queen Mel said...

My stomach just turns at the mere thought of this incident, my worst fear as well.

Poor JJ, this is just awful.

Let us know.

b.c. Gurl said...

poor thing :( How did everything turn out? I'm scared to ask...I hope everything is fine