Wednesday, October 04, 2006

How Awkward...

Last nights dance class was a tad uncomfortable. I took JJ by myself last night. Her class is down a very narrow hallway with chairs. And since the parents are not allowed in the room they are all crowded around the glass door trying to see in. Now you would think they would take turns so all parents could have a turn to see their child but, nope, that wasn't the case. I know you all thing you know where this is headed but you sooooo have no idea.

So we walk into the hallway and I see a guy that I knew from my much younger days. His daughter is in JJ's dance class. I smile and his eye hit the floor. You see, I had ummm...relations....with this man in our younger years. I didn't think anything of seeing him. Eric and I have been together for 11 years and the guy was years prior to that. Peronally, I would have smiled and just acted like a grown up. But things didn't go down that way. As I said, his eyes hit the floor when he sees me. We are stuck in very close quarters and I can feel him looking at me. Hee hee hee...so glad I didn't leave my hair in the ponytail and didn't put on my grubby pants. Anyway, I can feel him looking at me and when I look up his eyes drop to the floor again. Good grief, grow up! His wife is standing in front of him so he pulls her close enough so that she is leaning on him and he has his arms around her. Oye and a good strong roll of my eyes...I think it was for my benefit. Ummm...buddy, I really don't care. The class is 30 mins long so it was a long uncomfortable encounter. Unfortunately, he made it that way. I think it's just plain weird. He should have just acted like he didn't know me and that would have been fine. I would have smiled and acted like he was just any of the other parents there. But nope, it was the staring & looking away and cuddling with the wife for my benefit that made things wierd. It was, like, sooo junior high school.
After class as we were leaving the building, we happen to walk out the door behind him. He really had no choice to hold the door for us. I smiled and said thank you just like I would to anyone else. He smiled and said your welcome. I think to myself "There you go buddy, now you're getting the hang of being an adult!" It'll be interesting to see if he goes to dance next week. Best get over yourself and act like a big boy because dance lasts until May.

Oh, everyone has my permission to laugh at this. I was cracking right up on the phone telling someone about it last night. It's freakin' hilarious. Some boys are dumb.

3 comments:

Queen Mel said...

Poor Guy, social skills are NOT their strong point you know.

So what are you wearing next week to dance class, a matching blue leotard to really throw him for a loop? Will you take pictures of it too? I really want to see that.

The Original Princess said...

A trench coat, hat and sunglasses.

NickyT said...

I read this and the song by the Pussycat Dolls came into my head

DONTCHA