Wednesday, October 04, 2006

All Things Pumpkin

My name is Princess and I love all things pumpkin. I didn't realize the trend until just today. I don't like pumpkin pie but I'm willing to revisit that food give today's epiphany. I love pumpkin spice donuts from Tim Hortons, I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from the Country Pumpkin, I love my aunt's pumpkin spice bread, I love Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. I'm even lucky enough to have pumpkin scented bath products. Thanks to Melanie and a recent trip to the U.S (No hate mail on the U.S. trip please...LOL) And today I discovered by new love....Pumpkin Pie Blizzards from Dairy Queen. They are so delicious. They're a funky orange color but just look past it and go straight to the goods.

Unfortunately alot of my pumpkin treats are only available in the fall and some specifically in October. For instance, my donut and blizzard are the item of the month from each of the respected stores. I already eat one pumpkin donut per day because they're only available for the month. After eating this blizzard I vow to you all that I will eat at least 2 per week for the month of October. I'd better get out my stretch pants cause I'm gonna need them by the end of the month.

Okay, now I beg, no I implore that each and every one of you drop what you are doing and run, not walk, but run to your closest Dairy Queen and get yourself a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard. GO! Stop reading this and go!

Amy O - if you're reading this (didn't know you read my blog until you left a comment...I'm honored) I want you to go straight to DQ when you come home for Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

Queen Mel said...

Like Holy Crap Batman, I'm freakin out. I so want a Pumpkin Blizzard from DQ, I guess lunch for tomorrow is pre-determind, my body smells like pumpkin, my innards are going to taste like pumpkin, hmm, the donut is very appealing as well. Yummy, Yummy.

Pumpkin Choc Chip Cookies are my speciality item....yum

The Original Princess said...

You guys had a conversation about my love of pumpkin?

NickyT said...

I love smelling like Pumpkin. I have been smelling like Pumpkin for 2 days now and I do smell Yummy!

Yes, I now want a Pumpkin Blizzard!!!

I'm making Pumpkin Squares for J's Halloween Party!

Queen Mel said...

I guess we're all a little pumpkin crazy, I'm trying to talk my mother into making (from scratch) pumpkin pies, like peeling and doing the pumpkin, I offered to buy the cool whip :o)

By the way yes you were discussed on Sunday and your love of the pumpkin spice donut at Tim's, the minute I saw the sign I said "Oh, Oh, its October, Sarah will be having her donut every single day".....

"The real" MarthaSue said...

OH ladies....pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks...with a pumpkin spice square....omg....to die for!!

(I'm not a fussy latte-ish type girl...but these puppies were sooo good)

b.c. Gurl said...

You can add me to the pumpkin bandwagon!!!! but I didn't know that DQ had a pumpkin pie blizzard...guess where I'm headed later today!!!! after I head to Tim's and Starbucks of course ;) Oh...and you've never had pumpkin pie until you've had homemade from scratch, cutting up the pumpkin pie!!! We do it every year...it's tradition....and you bet I'll be doing it here too...though it's been a little more of a challenge getting pumpkins and such..but good ole Superstore came through for me again!! can always count of it :) lol