Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Fire Drill

Mofo!! I've been listening to the radio since 11 am this morning waiting for the "jet" to fly on Capital FM. If you hear the jet fly you call in for a chance to have your name put in a draw for an all inclusive trip to the Dominican Republic. Picture it - I'm sitting here at 1:15 KNOWING that the jet is going to fly again before 2 pm (because they said so), it's down the wire, I've got the radio station on speed dial and I'm obsessed and sure I'm going to win. Then it happens, the effing fire alarm goes off. What freaking timing for a fire drill!! I couldn't even hear the radio over the screaming of the alarm. So outside we all go to wait in the park across the street until we get the go ahead to return to our offices. A funny side note, the fire wardens (fellow employees) have to wear bright orange crossing guard vests with bright orange hard hats and use hand held stops signs to stop traffic so we can cross the street. Imagine how cool they look.
Anyway back to the point. I bet 10 to 1 that the damn jet flew while I was outside. I waited for that thing for almost 3 hours. Crikey, if that drill cost me a trip to the DR I'm going to be one sad girl.
I guess I'll just have to console myself with some shopping in Moncton tomorrow. I plan to buy anything that isn't bolted down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side, when there's a real fire, you'll be prepared (hee, hee!) How's you stomach doing lately? What's this with shopping in Moncton? My invite must have gotten lost....
R

Queen Mel said...

Crikey - what the hell is that?

Have fun in Monkey town, don't buy EVERYTHING, leave some for me on Saturday.....LOL

NickyT said...

Shopping Moncton? Costco? Oil Paints? LOL

The Original Princess said...

I already had the paints on my list. They only had watercolor sets. I checked every pile and I looked at Michaels for set of some sort but didn't have any luck.