Friday, October 06, 2006

Fall

It's a toss up for me whether summer or fall is my favourite season. In the summer I loooove the beach and living in my bathing suit, BBQ's, Friday evening on my parents deck, Jillian in her pool, the sun staying up until 9pm, the already being up when we wake up in the morning, skirts, sandals, flip flops, the cottage, did I mention the beach, picnics, playing at the park, walks on the trail, strawberries, lunch on a patio, our summer students, certain co-workers on vacation ;), and about a million other things.
In the fall, I love the smell, the pretty foliage, the combination of the cool air and the warm sun, all things pumpkin, jumping in the leaves, apple picking, taking pics of JJ with the colorful leaves, trips to the Country Pumpkin. Hmmm...seems there aren't as many things to list in the fall but I still love it. I'm sure the people of this city are probably relieved that fall is here so I will stop inadvertantly exposing myself. More layers of clothing equal less change of embarrassing myself.
So this weekend is Thanksgiving. I like Thanksgiving and I like turkey dinner but it's not one of my favourite meals. I could seriously take it or leave it. For years now, I've been trying to talk my family in to having a spaghetti dinner instead of a turkey dinner for at least one major holiday. I think I could convince my dad but I don't have a chance with my sister and mother. Thanksgiving dinner is at my house this year. Although my parents still do most of the cooking. My dad likes to cook the turkey but their house is getting too small for all of us. So my parents cook and bring it here. LOL...for Christmas I should tell them I'll do the cooking and they all just have to show up. Then I'll present them with a Mexican feast or better yet a Greek feast. I can just hear my dad now "J*** C***, what is this shit? Where's the turkey?" I don't think they'd find it funny. I'd be tickled pink with the food selection but I'd likely be eating it alone as they all stampede to my parents house where I'm sure my dad would have a backup turkey already cooked.

Oh one more thing, I used my Pumpkin Spice body wash today, Finally! I smell delish and I keep semlling myself. I'm home righn now cause JJ was puking yesterday. She puked in my garbage can a work yesterday morning...LOL. But I'm going to work this afternoon and I hope to stop smelling myself before then. I'd like to say people would start to think I'm odd but I think I've pretty much confirmed that theory.

2 comments:

Queen Mel said...

I told ya about the body wash, I'm still smelling myself and making others do it too!

Its irresistable, I'm sure if we were still trying to "pick up men" they'd all come running cuz it would remind them of home and their mama's....LOL Course mine informed me it smelled like cocoanut and he said "I hate cocoanut" what a dork!

NickyT said...

You are NOT crazy over Turkey dinner! OMG - maybe we are not the same - I can't imagine not LOVING turkey dinner!

I had a pumpkin donut today - holy good lord - that was yummy!

I have yet to ask Mel but I am hoping maybe she will pick me up some body creme in pumpkin so I can smoother myself with that after I'm out of the tub!