Sunday, August 12, 2007

Saturdays are Awesome!

Often on Saturday mornings Jillie and I will get up and go do some shopping. We haven't done it lately because we'd rather spend time outside than in a store in the summer. I had to pick up a few things yesterday so we girls decided to go shopping.

We only went to a few places - Staples to get some photocopies made, the dollar store for some pins, and then to Scoop and Save for some bachelorette party stuff. I did a pole party last night for a bachelorette and I wanted to get an appropriately theme treat for the bride to be.

We quickly found the proper aisle at Scoop and Save and I didn't even have a chance to look at anything when I hear SPLAT!!!!! It was the unmistakable sound of puke hitting the floor. Without any warning, my little Princess tossed her cookies all over the floor. She was devastated. Me? I just took it in stride. I felt so bad for Jillie. There was an employee close by but he was helping another customer. I said "Excuse me!" multiple times but he ignored me. Finally I said, "My daughter just threw up on your floor." That got his attention. I apologized profusely and he was very nice about it.

I stood there and waited while he got a bucket or a sign or something. In the mean time, another employee came along with a paper towel. I was laughing on the inside at her measly paper towel and she must have know. She was a nasty bitch (sorry but that is the ONLY description that fits). I apologized to her and she said "We can handle this/" I said "Well I stayed because because I didn't want anyone to walk in this. I'm really sorry, I had no idea she wasn't feeling well." The nasty woman says "You can just go now." Umm...okay and up yours.
I mean really, does she really think I got up yesterday morning and thought "Maybe I'll take my child and let her puke in a store today."

Oh well, I was apologetic to the employees, and I didn't my best to make Jillie feel better but I had a chuckle about it as I was driving home. Kim, I can imagine you having a the same little giggle as me on the way home.

6 comments:

NickyT said...

Those crankity people at Scoop n Save. They are like that all the time....don't take it personally. Grrrrr

Make you wonder if you should of just walked away and let other customers walk in it and track it around their store.

Is JJ feeling better now?

NickyT said...

Meant to ask how did the pole party go did you find stuff for them??

Queen Mel said...

Is JJ ok? I guess you won't be going there again huh? Unless JJ has the pukes again...LOL

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Scoop'n'Save for the variety of specialty items. I HATE Scoop'n'Save for the staff. They all suck there. The guy that works there usually comes off pretty cantankerous until you talk to him and the cashier really is a witch. I assume JJ was ok afterwards? Just the one puking incident?

Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm glad that I am not the only one that thinks that women is a bitch. It's ashame that Scoop n' Save is the only real decent store in F'ton to get stuff like that.

Hollee said...

I LOVE the staff at Scoop n' save. Before you bite me, let me clarify. There are 2 ladies that work there. Margie and..I can't remember teh other one, but the old bitty with the blonde/grey hair and the sour face...and the tall lanky guy with the beird...they suck!! Rotten and short and snippy!! AND they own the damn place so no point in complaining :( I ALWAYS go there and look for "my girls"...cuz I knwo the owners suck!! I almost stopped shopping there because of them...but Margie made me stay :)