Monday, August 13, 2007

Meet the Wiggles

We've had digital cable for awhile but only recently ordered the Treehouse channel. JJ loves it! In fact, she refuses to watch any other channel. The child turns into a zombie in front of the TV. She doesn't even ask to watch cartoons or TV anymore, she asks to watch Treehouse. She also walks around the house singing the tree house jingle. It cracks me up.

We are watching TV as I write this and I've just had my first introduction to The Wiggles. I've heard of them before but I've never watched the show until now. Does anyone else think those guys are just plain weird?!?! They are a bit too smiley for me. In fact, if I was in the same room as them, I'm pretty sure I would try to make them cry...just to see if I could. Apparently, grown men dressed in bright shirts, smiling too much, and enjoying their singing and dancing way to much brings out the worst in me.

So today is the day I met The Wiggles. Oh, and what's with the name? The Wiggles?? Evs. Have I mentioned I love the Backyardigans? Now that is a good show.

8 comments:

Queen Mel said...

hey ho, don't be disin' the wiggles man, they rock, if you want a happy kid the wiggles are the way to go, we have movies of the wiggles to, I think we are wiggled out, maybe I can send some your way.....they totally rock

WAKE UP JEFF still cracks me up.....I just don't get the fact he is Asian? Can someone explain that to me?

LadyLipgloss said...

Nothing makes Lauren happier than the Wonder Pets.

When she was first learning how to say simple words, we'd hear her sing "house" along with "You're watching Treehouse!" Lol, still cracks me up...

Anonymous said...

oh I love...er I mean Hannah loves the Treehouse channel. Ever since Hannah was born we have had the tv on Treehouse when she is awake. Whenever Deigo or Dora comes on, she practically drops everything and watches them. I really love the Backyardigans.

Madiegirl said...

Do they remind you of a particular group that used to be in town LOL

We're Captain Feathersword fans here. And I'm embarassed to say that I once learned the dance to keep Madison entertained :-D
Who wants to be my friend ?

Sunny said...

I remember my kids used to love Maggie and the Ferocious Beast when they watched Tree House. That stupid "You're watching Tree House" used to get in my head and I'd want to beat myself with a baseball bat to get rid of it. Heather like the Berenstein Bears alot too. Matthew like Blues Clues and Ants in your Pants.
Clifford was also a fav in my house but I believe that was mostly on CBC Kids.

Sunny said...

I really should spell check and grammar check before I hit publish.

gypsybug said...

screw spellcheck Jenn!! And thanks by the way for getting "You're watching Treehouse" in my head!

I personally don't like adults acting like idiots or using baby voices. The wiggles drive me crazy. I am not oppose to baby voices if they are young children shows but come on...the Wiggles! I know that CBC (think it is CBC) has the two ladies dressed as clowns and they use baby voices and they make the ugliest faces when they talk.....I am that anal that I won't watch that channel because they are the mc's for in between each show and I can't stand their voices.

Carter is a big fan of Elmo and Seasame Park. We always have treehouse on .. it is eyelevel to him so he moves his head around watching the screen. it is funny to watch!

Unknown said...

Gotta tell ya Princess, in my house Treehouse is a GODSEND! And we are also fans of the Backyardigans, those kids can sing!
And if I had known you had never been introduced to the Wiggles, I would have warned you...