Monday, August 27, 2007

The Glove is in Da House!

JJ earned herself a new moniker this weekend. We are now calling her The Glove. She had her year-end soccer jamboree this weekend and she was on fire. Actually, it was really hot out and we we're all on fire but that's another story. Seriously, the child was great in both her games. She got a goal in the first game and played pretty much the whole game. At her age, it's a success if we've kept them on the field.

In the second game, she decided to play the goalie position. She was incredible. She did not let a goal in the net. They took at least 10-15 shots on her and she saved them all! I was so proud of her and she was so cute. She would be standing there picking flowers or playing with bugs and we'd yell "Here they come, JJ!" She would crouch down and bounce back and forth from foot to foot. At least once I found myself saying out loud "She is so cute!" Now, do you think David Beckham's mother watches his games and says that?! But she was, she really, really was.

Anyway, the Mister has been calling her The Glove ever since. That was soccer for this year. Dance registration is in a few weeks and she will be in her glory to be back at dance.

A few updates - I'm still having computer problems at work. It is very frustrating and I asked my boss if I could go home "insane" today. He was surprisingly receptive and even said he would make a special box for it on the leave form. But I stayed. I told him I may be an alcoholic before all is said and done but you know, you win some you lose some.

Speaking of drinking, (nice lead in, huh?) I'm still loving mojitos. That's really all I have to say about that.

Oh and one more thing...I have 200 X-mas cards made. Suckas!!!!

5 comments:

Sunny said...

Awwwwwwwww! She's soooooo cute! I think I'd still be saying that at each of David Beckham's games. Man that boy is a God!!!!

200 cards........Bragger!!! I got my cuddlebug so I'll be whizzin' em out like there's no tomorrow.

NickyT said...

Yeah, David Beckhams Mom still says that along with the 100 of other female spectators watching!

Okay.....200 CARDS! You freak! Can I see them please? I want to see Bella on a stamp I won't copy I just want to admire please?

Madiegirl said...

Too cute....I hope you got some pictures :-) I love the new nickname !

PS You SUCK

The Original Princess said...

Thanks for the comments on the cute kid.

As for you card comments...you're jealous..nah, nah, boo, boo.

I will try to get some pics of them tomorrow night and post them.

And that's Princess Freak to you.

Queen Mel said...

Good God woman! 200 cards already! You rock, I wish I had your dedication but I honestly don't give a flyin' fig at this point if I give or get a card. Its safe to say I won't be selling any :o)