Sunday, August 05, 2007

Here We Go Again

This weekend started off pretty good. I did a pole party Friday night that was alot of fun. Yesterday was Lauren's birthday party and that was fun too. This morning we went to Oromocto to see Eric's mom then stopped at the Country Pumpkin. Jillian had a great time feeding the horses and then just about jumped out of her skin when we saw Madie, Shelley, Grampy Dave, and Angie there. The little girls were cute. I saw them first and said "Hey Jillie, look who's here..." She yelled "Madie!" then, of course, Madie saw Jillie and then they ran into each other's arms. It was complete Kodak moment.

We came home and had plans to just hang out in the backyard until supper at my parent's house. Well, that just wasn't meant to be. My dad called around 12:45 and said that my mom is in the hospital. For those who don't know, my mom had a heart attack around this time 2 years ago. She has been off work for the last month because she has been having chest pain again. My dad arrived home from golf this morning to find my mom an odd shade of grey, using her nitro and having chest pain.

She is currently in the Cardiac Care Unit at the DECH. She doesn't look or sound very good but she still has her sense of humour. Jenn and I were sitting there and someone in another room kept making these horrid sounds with their throat. It sounded like they were trying to cough up a hairball. I laugh at the WORST time...always when I'm worried or uncomfortable. Well, by the time we left the Hairball Hacker had me in stitches. Even my mom was laughing.

My mom is at the hospital overnight. The last time she had a heart attack, the enzymes (whatever that means) did show up in her blood work until the middle of the night. So who knows what will happen tonight. I'm guessing she'll be there until at least Wednesday. I say that because it's a long weekend so I doubt they'll be doing much until Tuesday.

So that is our weekend in a nutshell. I'm sure it will all work out but we will worry just the same.

8 comments:

Madiegirl said...

We'll be thinking about her...I'm sure she's really happy to be there for a few extra days especially with the Hairball Hacker so close to keep her company.

Kimmartha said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom - I am sure everything will work out ok. It's good that she has her sense of humour - that should make her stay a little easier. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your mom, I'm glad to hear that she still has her sense of humour, I truly believe that laughter is the best medicine. You and your family are in my prayers.

Sunny said...

Your Mom is a trooper...it's in her blood...I am certain that she will be fine. We're thinking of you and hope that all goes well and she is home again soon.

Queen Mel said...

Fingers crossed she'll be ok, she's tough, she can do it. If you need anything just ask, I'll be there to help out.

NickyT said...

Sarah, how is she? I am hoping the test results are back and there is some questions answered. Let me know okay.
I am now home if you need anything let me know.

NickyT said...

I'm still up wishing that it wasn't so late so I could call you. Make sure to email me in the morning.

big momma said...

sorry to hear. Let her know I'm thinking of her.