Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Anyone Out There?

It sure is quiet and lonely here in blogland. Where is everyone? I used to have a bunch of blogs to read every day but not so much anymore. It's really quiet here. In fact, I hear an echo each time I hit a key on the keyboard. Did you hear it? I guess everyone is on Facebook, which leads me to a topic I would like to discuss.

I'm going to steal the template Sunny's hubby uses for a few minutes and tell you all why I hate Facebook. I know some of you have heard it before but too bad. Go read another blog...oh wait nobody updates them anymore. Looks like you're stuck with me. ;)

Facebook...I do hate Facebook. Yes, I'm on it all the time but I think it's a pain in the behind. I am so nosey that I can't stay away. I can't handle thinking that I might not be up all and the goings on in my social circle. It's also good for little "email-less" conversation :) But this is about hating Facebook so I can't say thing more good about it.

Let me list the reasons I hate Facebook:
* it is an addiction - Crackbook...enough said
* it is too time consuming. It takes forever to look at everything. I already read blogs and email...isn't that enough?!?
* pity friends - people added as friends just because you don't have the guts to hit "reject". I have the guts.
* ghost friends (made up the term myself) - these are the people who send you a friend request and then never even send a message saying "Hi!" Seriously, if you're going to ask to be my friend then it's on you to say hello. Otherwise, what is the point? I know you don't all agree with this but whatever say hi.

I guess those are all the reasons I hate Facebook. It's not a very comprehensive list but it's mine. Well, I gotta go...it's been 3 WHOLE minutes since I last checked Facebook. I can't stay away for too long because someone might want to add me as a friend. I HAVE to be there to hit "Reject" simply because I have the guts.

3 comments:

NickyT said...

I am thinking on starting up a new Blog just havn't had the gumption to yet. Or maybe anything interesting enough to post for you girlies entertainment.

I have a love hate relationship w/ FB too. I am as nosey as you. I have a thing with looking through peoples photos and being nosey like that. I also LOVE creeping peoples/frenimies profiles that I'm not added too.

I am the pity friend queen. Yep, not the princess but the queen. I can't hit reject. However, I have setup limited profile restrictions isn't that gutty huh,huh,huh???

Anonymous said...

I have to say .... I am RARELY on Facebook anymore. If you send me a message or write on my wall, I get an e-mail notification and that's the only reason I log onto Facebook anymore. To read the message. That's it.

I agree that it really is a quite lonely in Blogland lately. Nick jumped ship and almost everybody else has slacked off on the posting. How am I supposed to keep up with the gossip if you don't post on your blog people!?

Queen Mel said...

I blog, I blog, I blog - aren't you reading it? (whining here).........

Facebook is nice to catch up but I want to be able to drop people when I've had enough of them, and for some people I have already, I love being able to say hi to some people but after a month I want to say bye...

Now I have rejected many people from my past for the simple fact I'm not one bit interested in them or their lives, especially former school mates - they didn't talk to me then so why waste your breath now!

My blog is open now too.....