Sunday, June 03, 2007

Pole Dancing on a Saturday Night


So, what did you do last night? I had a pole dancing party with 11 of my friends. Yup, a pole dancing party. It's pretty much your friendly neighbourhood Tupperware party but instead of buying Tupperware you learn how to pole dance. A fun girl named Tracey came to my house with her portable pole. First we made up new pole dancer names, just call me Princess Cherry Pop, and then taught us some moves. After she taught us the moves, we took turns doing our own routine. It was a ball!! I think pretty much everyone was nervous, some admittedly more than others. But by the end, it seems like everyone was loving that pole. Seriously, where has it been all my life?!?!?!?

I'm not posting too many photos because I don't want any of the girls to feel uncomfortable. I was really a stretch for some girls to be able to venture that far out of their comfort zone. But let me tell you, each and every one of them rocked that pole. I mean it, every girl was good at this. My sister, featured in the photo above, EXCELLED at the fireman's pole move. She owned that moved. She managed to do 2 turns around that pole on her way down it. She is a goddess.
I'm not sure if the girl above wants to be identified or not so we'll call her by her pole name "Desiree". She gets the award for best overall performance. That girl has moves. I especially enjoyed the warm up routine she did in my front window before the pole was even installed.

I must say I enjoyed this pirouette slide move. So much so that I have a bruise on my back from it. I also enjoyod the dip, the fireman pole, and this weird move that I made up on my own. It seem good last night but after reflecting upon it today, I think it probably looked more like I was trying not to fall down. I really, really liked that pole. I think most of us did. I heard at least one girl ask how much the poles sell for.
I had a great time last night but my body is crying out in pain today. I have bruises on my back, my forearms hurt from swinging myself around that pole. The front of my thighs, oh the front of my thighs, they will never again be the same. It hurts to walk or pretty much move my legs at all. My abs hurt and so do my calves. I have a feeling I'll be finding more sensitive muscles over the next few days.
So to all my girls who bravely came out and faced the pole - Cheers to all of you. You are all awesome.







12 comments:

krista said...

LOOKS like you gals had lots of fun! Pole dancer pros now. My sister went to one last summer and had a ball she said.

K

Sunny said...

Wow!! I look soooo sexy it that pic...what the heck was I doing anyway?!!!! I'm sooooo sore today I can barely pull myself up from a sitting position which means if I sit on the toilet too long I'm there for the day because I'm too sore to get up again.

That was a blast Princess

- Desiree Phoque

Anonymous said...

So after seeing the pictures, has Mr. Princess approved the funding for the new business?!?!
That was so much fun! And next time, we'll actually have an idea what we're doing!!

Lickity Split :)

Queen Mel said...

I had a blast and with not much liquor in my system - imagine, who would of thought my SIL & I would have something in common - of course I'm not close enuff to be as "seasoned" as she might be nor will I find myself down at the North Star like some of you but I would do it again, so when is the next one scheduled for?

~Midnight Butterfly~

Dee said...

I had a blast too! I truly didn't know if I was going to be able to do it at all. I was sitting there thinking OMG - What the hell am I doing here!! But after a couple of drinks and a couple of shooters I let loose at you girls saw : )

I can hardly move today - I thought yesterday was bad but today is so much worss - every muscle in my body is aching.

I just might be talked into doing it again...teeheehee

*Dee-licious*

NickyT said...

That was the most fun I had in a long TIME! Whew, glad to come on here and see I'm not the only one that is sore today. I too am bruised on arms??? Not sure how that happenned...lol.

The pictures are priceless. I would do it again for sure. I wonder if she gives *advanced* lessons.

THanks Princess, it was Fun!

Alota V. Gina

proudmamma said...

Thanks for the great time...I really enjoyed meeting your friends. They all seem like alot of fun!! I'm game for the next party & I will be learning how to pump before I go!

Ginger Snap

The Original Princess said...

I cannot walk down the stairs. I even have trouble getting in and out of my chair. I'm pretty sure it's that damn "pop" move that I decided I was good at that did me in. Next time, my made up name will be Elaine Benis.

Love, Princess Cherry Pop

Queen Mel said...

no, no, no....it should be...

A-Layin' Penis

hee, hee.....

Tina said...

I'm so jealous! I wish I could have been there!! After looking at the pics and then talking to Nic I know I definitley missed out on a good time. I better not be working when the next lesson is scheduled!! Love the "stage" names LOL

LadyLipgloss said...

So, are you going to put up and mroe photos or do I have to go all the way over to your house to see them?

-Jenny Talia

Mad&Soapy said...

I must say - we all got some serious moves!! LOL It was a blast Princess - thanks again for having me:) Maybe next time I won't be as sober and fuddee can drive ME home!! LOL Even 100% sober, I'd do it again:)