Friday, June 29, 2007

Long Weekend

What is it about a long weekend that makes the week leading up to it go by soooooo slllooooowly? OMG, this week has just been a killer. I swear that if I make it to 4:30 today, I will have aged 10 years.

What is everyone doing for Canada Day? I love the Canada Day weekend. My family always has a pool party. JJ isn't even 4 yet, therefore doesn't remember most the Canada Day celebrations she attended, and even she is excited for this. When I told her Canada Day was coming up, she immediately mentioned the party at Grampy's pool. That's my girl.

I love more than just the party though. I'm really very proud to be Canadian. We live in a great country. Our human rights are, in my opinion, second to none. We are a peace keeping country as opposed to international bullies. We have vast open spaces. We still have plenty of pristine wilderness. Canadians, for the most part, are a friendly bunch, eh? Have you ever travelled abroad? Other countries love us. There are just too many things to list.

So this weekend, on Canada Day, stand up and say you are proud to be Canadian. Even if you love shopping in the States, M this means you, you still have to appreciate what being Canadian means. We are Canadian! Now raise your hockey stick and your Keith's - CHEERS!

6 comments:

Queen Mel said...

blah, blah, blah - red white and blue baby!

I do own a Canadian shirt too

proudmamma said...

I too am proud to be Canadian! Is the poolside bar & grill open this Canada day? My aunt & uncle from Alberta will be joinning us for dinner at our place on Sunday, but we're hoping for a relatively quiet weekend. HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

b.c. Gurl said...

here here!!
I too am proud to be Canadian :) I think we have the best Country on Earth
I won't be celebrating much...I'm working all weekend and Fred is away - boohoo
the best part of canada Day for me has always been a big bbq and fireworks - this will be the first year that I haven't done either - oh well - I'll survive
but I will be wearing red and white all weekend and 'proud to be serving those who serve' :) I work at the Canex - our shirts are Red with white lettering and that's our 'slogan' lol

Sunny said...

I'm proud to be Canadian although our leader's IQ is very close to the IQ of our friend south of the border!

This weekend I'm thinking of having a little family BBQ, maybe go to the cottage for a bit, mow my lawn, catch the fireworks if I can stay up late enough...

I'm just happy I don't have to go to work Monday!

Anonymous said...

Why did you take your other post down?

Madiegirl said...

I would *love* to see you raise a hockey stick, I'm hoping you know what one looks like (wink wink)

Great post !!!

Cheers !