Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hot Stuff

The Princess household almost had a visit from the Fredericton Fire Department last night. I'm all about hospitality and having guests but only under the right circumstances. My kitchen being on fire is not the way I want to invite people over to my house.

I made some salsa the other day and I really wanted some last night. I decided to make some baked pita chips. I got them all ready and they were just about done when I decided to crisp them up at bit with the broiler. I've done this millions of times without a problem. Last night I must have had a complete lapse in brain function because I turned on the broiler and walked away. DUH!

After a few minutes I had a "Holy Shit" moment and remembered the chips. I walked into the kitchen and it was full of smoke. I opened the oven only to find my chips, literally, on fire. I couldn't blow out the flames while they were still in the oven. I had to pull out the pizza stone they were on to blow out the fire. Let me just say that the house was fragrant and smoke filled for the rest of the evening.

As you may have guessed, no salsa and pita chips for me last night.

10 comments:

NickyT said...

What is your pita chip recipe? I would love to try it :) What a great munchie idea!!

Did you ruin your baking stone?

Queen Mel said...

come on, I thought this was going to be about practicing.....

Anonymous said...

yeah, I'm with the Queen, I thought we were gonna hear a pole story.

Sunny said...

Ha ha!!! You know...nacho chips taste good, they don't burn down your house and they go great with salsa! Cum'on Princess...eat a big bunch of 'em.

Anonymous said...

You broil items on your stone?

awareness said...

Looks like I was in good company....i too thought it was going to be a pole story. :)

another kind of salsa....

and rumours have flown my way....i hear poles are in your future? we need to talk!! i envision a fall booking with a bunch of limber middle aged ladies and a tumbler of tequilla.

Queen Mel said...

Awareness - you WON'T be sorry - I highly recommend the Tequila, it makes you swing faster :O)

Anonymous said...

yeah and when the tequilla starts making the room spin, you just hold on to the pole and it looks sexy...lol

Madiegirl said...

i would have paid to be there :-)

The Original Princess said...

D - like I said today, that would be so much fun! You just name the date and think of any songs you'd like to have.