Thursday, June 14, 2007

Tired

It's only Thursday but I'm so ready for this week to be over. I'm exhausted. I'm alseep as soon as my head hits the pillow and I sleep all night but I wake up in the morning just was tired as the night before.

I've been working on a project at work that has me dealing with alot of little old ladies with disabled children involved with our department. Over the last few weeks, I've seen enough crying little old ladies to last me a life time. Before you get upset over that comment, let me clarify. It's draining to sit and listen to their sad stories and not be able to do anything to help them. I feel so bad for them. Many of them are worried about what will happen to their disabled children when they pass on. I have absolutely no help for them. I find this all exhausting. Oh well, if that's all I have to bitch about than good for me. It could be worse, I could be on their end, right?

So has anyone found a way to add more hours to the day yet? THAT would be a million dollar idea. Working totally gets in the way of the other things I want to do. Like hang out in my backyard in my bathing suit when it's nice. Oh! I haven't checked my lottery tickets from last night! One moment....if I don't have anything else to say after this it means I hit publish and went to get my $40 million. Damn, I'm back. I didn't win.

Tonight our little family of three is going to have a soccer game in the backyard. JJ and I against the Mister. It could get messy. I'm rather competitive and I have no qualms about kicking the other players. Bring it.

5 comments:

The Sarcastic Mommy said...

May I suggest some white wine....it won't give you more hours in the day but it does make the hours you have lots more fun!

awareness said...

Hey....... I SOOOOOOO get this. Perhaps we have heard some of the same sad stories. I have enough sad stories captured in my brain to last me a lifetime.

One of the things I try to remember is that often I'm one of the first to hear the full story outside of their family.

I find many of these families are so isolated, even if they live within city limits. They need to be connected to community and neighbourhoods and healthy supports so that these parents can feel so reprieve.

Huge burdens out there, eh?

You can always drop by for a story swap if you want.....or even to brainstorm ideas as to how to help (or which direction to point them for help).....

AND......then, we go for a glass or two of wine.

Anonymous said...

I admire people who do the work you do. Because I know I wouldn't be able to do it. I would be emotionally burnt out by now.

On a different note, playing soccer. I have one piece of advice. Watch out for the doggy pooh. You wouldn't want to have another "incident".

Queen Mel said...

I too have had my run ins with those sad stories, one year before Christmas it took all I had to not walk down the street and give a woman a whole pile of groceries and pay for her heat...she was too proud to visit the food bank or soup kitchen.....it was a tough story.

About the soccer - Jeanette I totally forgot about the "pooh spill" from last year....hee, hee.....that was funny. How can you take someone serious who is down from pooh?

NickyT said...

I believe we all have a calling in life. A reason to be here. To make a difference. Some of us larger then others. You might not realize it when you are making that difference. But being that ear like Awareness said is making a difference to those ladies. Maybe you don't have a magic Princess wand to wave around and make instant changes...but you are there on the front lines listening and doing all you can do.

As per the Soccer Game....be careful of dodo you Soccer Guru would hate to see your defeat end up the same last year lol.