Monday, October 01, 2007

Not Just Any Other Day

Today is not just any other day...today is Oct 1. Does that ring any bells for anyone? Would you like to guess the significance or should I just tell you? Let me spill the beans and relieve your curiosity. Today being Oct 1 is the first day of the Month of All Things Pumpkin! Woot! C'mon I want to hear you all cheer with me.

You may or may not (but really who doesn't?) know that I an extreme liking for all things pumpkin...except pumpkin pie. I don't like pumpkin pie. However, all other thing pumpkin are fair game. During the Month of All Things Pumpkin, I make it my personal mission in life to eat as much pumpkin stuff as I can. My goal, however, is to eat one pumpkin item per day. Today I had a pumpkin spice muffin from Tim's. They also have pumpkin spice flavour shots at Tim's. Starbucks has pumpkin spice lattes. Last year Tim's had pumpkin spice donuts and they were so good. I didn't see any today but I have hope yet. The best though, are the pumpkin pie blizzards at Dairy Queen. I really, really hope those make a return this year. If they do, my goal will be to eat one a week for the month.

My love of pumpkin also extends to scents. A certain friend of mine (cough, cough) went to the U.S. this time last year and bought be some pumpkin pie body wash for me. I mean who wouldn't want their woman smelling like a big pumpkin pie?!? I made it last but I'm all out and it IS the Month of All Things Pumpkin. It's bad enough to whine on-line....please don't make me call you and whine incessantly. It'll hurt me as much as it hurts you. Nah, it'll hurt you more.

It's a good thing the Biggest Loser contest is over. I would never win that contest and meet my Month of All Things Pumpkin goals. As it is, I'm sure all this pumpkin stuff isn't good for me. But, I've never liked rules anyway. In fact, some rules are just dying to be broken. With that I declare the Month of All Things Pumpkin to be open and I say BRING IT!!!!

6 comments:

Kimmartha said...

This is so funny - we went to the Country Pumpkin yesterday to take pics of the kids & their little cousin in the pumpkins. I took one look at all those pumpkins and thought (honest I did!) "Hmm, Sarah must be getting excited for Tim's pumpkin donuts"!!! I guess all the hype last year stayed with me!

Queen Mel said...

I can do everything but the blizzards, unless it was the day I had it and it just didn't tickle my fancy.....

Anonymous said...

Down with all things Pumkpin!!!!

Sunny said...

I vote that it become a nationally recognized observance...much like February is the Heart and Stroke month.

gypsybug said...

the happy baker had pumpkin muffins, cookies and bread today

Anonymous said...

I was at DQ tonight and they have the Pumpkin Blizzard...