Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Between the Bookshelves

I have a sick little girl and we're going to be home together all day tomorrow. To make her feel better, and save my own sanity, I headed to Chapters to get books for both of us, so we can make it through tomorrow. My baby girl is now 4 years old and she is affectionate but not as snuggly has she once was. So I enjoy the extra snuggles when she is sick. And how could I not melt when looks at me with those big green eyes and says "I just need you next to me, Momma." I love those moments. It's watching Scooby-Doo and the Monster in Mexico over and over that is going to get to me. So off to Chapters I went.

I'm always amazed by the things I find between the shelves at Chapters. I could have stayed there for hours. I was having a great time and wasn't in any hurry to leave. I ended up getting a Jodi Piccoult book. I forget the name but it takes place in Amish country. It's up for grabs when I'm done...which will likely be tomorrow night. I bought a Robert Munsch book, No Clean Clothes, for JJ. I'm looking forward to reading it with her.

Next I went for a Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks...decaf of course. But to my great sorrow, they were all out of pumpkin spice flavour. NOTE - clearly the word on the Month of All Things Pumpkin is spreading on the street. Anyway, the girl suggested I try a Chai latte. I decided to go for it. I was skeptical when I first smelled it. I thought it smelled like cleaning products. But I tasted it and it was okay. I kept drinking it and I grew to like it. I will definitely have it again and I recommend it to all of you. One little thing though...it makes my tongue tingle. Odd.

Finally, I headed outside and toward home. I usually go home via the Princess Margaret bridge. Tonight when I was on the highway behind the university, I looked up and I could see the Big Dipper clear and bright in the sky. I can't remember the last time I saw a star constellation or should I say the last time I took the time to look.

My little outing left me feeling happy.

4 comments:

Queen Mel said...

as I said I have 10 pages left to that book, I'm sorry I didn't mention it to you but of course I'm not done it yet :o) Its a good book.

What can I say about Robert Munsch, he rocks.....I have to get the book about Moritmer b/c he rocks....

NickyT said...

Ahhhh, sounded like a night of good karma. Chai Latte sounds ooohhhh so very sophisticated.

Hollee said...

What Nick said - ditto! And when you're ready for a new one, we have all the Robert Munsch books so let me know :)

Anonymous said...

we are starting Hannah on her first Robert Munsch book...Love you Forever, this Christmas