Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Rant

Four posts in one day...it must be a record. But, in all fairness, the others were just photos.

So it's Halloween night and I'm giving out treats. For whatever, reason, Mr Princess refuses to answer the door. He's been like that for years. I don't get it. Maybe it's a deep-rooted childhood phobia. Whatever.
I haven't seen any super cute or creative costumes yet. I probably won't because we don't get alot of kids at our door. I had one adult sumo wrestler come to the door. At least IT was dressed up. I say IT because I have no idea if it was a man or a woman. Seriously. However, I did decide IT was a tad creepy looking at me with dead-in-the-eyes-satan-stole-my-soul kind of look. I'm mean really, if you're going to come looking for candy at 50 years old, at least try to be charming about it. That was at the beginning of the evening. Then, about 10 minutes ago, the bell rings and there is a little girl standing there and the freakin' sumo wreslter. I said "You've been here already." The wrestler looks at the kid and says "Oh, we've been here already." and they leave. Oye.
What is up with the kids who come to your door and don't even bother to dress up? I had 3 teenagers who just stood there with their backpacks open. Seriously, put some effort into it.

4 comments:

Queen Mel said...

we only had little kids and they were all very pleasant and enjoyable.....

Anonymous said...

I passed out treats at my moms and we had the same thing Princess, one kid put white make up on his face and that was his costume...geesh

Anonymous said...

I had three teens who weren't dressed up at all ... not even makeup on their faces!

I also had a repeat trick-or-treater ... in the most conspicuous costume! Like I wouldn't notice that?

Anonymous said...

you should have seen my 5 year old dressed as "snoop doggs version of Huggy bear" aka starsky and hutch. Complete with platform shoes, a red fedora, fur coat, lime flare pants and serious bling!!!! He would make you proud