Monday, November 05, 2007

Sometimes She is Just Plain Weird

My daughter that is. The stuff that child comes up with ranges from cute to funny to just plain weird. She has been especially entertaining over the past few days. I feel at ease calling my child weird only because I recognize that she is so much like me. She may not look much like me but that child is mine down to her weirdo core. The way she speaks, the things she says, her quirks, her mannerisms...all me. Is it odd that I see so much of myself in her?

Anyway, here are a few highlight from the past few days that have cracked me up.

*Friday morning a block from daycare. Me:JJ don't forget Buzz Lightyear in the car. You'll want him for show and tell. JJ (with attitude): Oh, don't you worry.

* Saturday morning laying in JJ's bed - JJ: Mommy can you lay still for a minute? I'm just going to lick your eyebrow. Me: No.

* Saturday at Shoppers in the line at the cash behind the most butch looking woman ever. JJ: Mommy that man has a poppy. Me: uh, huh. JJ: Mommy, that man sure is buying alot of pop. Me: Yup. JJ: Momma, I love that man's poppy. Me: I finally put my hand over the child's mouth to stop her from talking!

* Sunday in the women's washroom at Walmart. JJ: Mommy, what is that horrible smell? Me: Just finish your business and let's get out of here. Okay that cracks me up even as I write it.

*Sunday night putting her to bed. JJ: Momma, when I get big I'm going to be your best friend. Me: JJ, you're my best friend now. JJ: But when I'm big I'm going to go with you everywhere. To do karaoke, to dance, even when you do something dangerous. But if you're doing something dangerous I'll just stand back and let you do it. Me: I can't wait.

* Ten minutes ago when I was tucking her in. JJ: Momma, what did you just eat? Me: An olive and pepper Triscuit. JJ: I like the smell of that. Breath on me. Me: Uh, okay. JJ: Again, Momma. Me: Sure. JJ: Again. Me: This is the last time. JJ: I love that smell. Can I put my nose in your mouth and smell? Me: NO! Now it's time for bed. Told you she is weird.

* 3 minutes later when she called me back to her room. Me: JJ stop picking your nose. JJ: Okay. Then she pull the blankets over her head and I see the blankets moving. Me: JJ, I said stop picking your nose. JJ: How did you know? Me: Because I know everything. JJ: No, Momma Angie Landers (fake name for a kid in her class at daycare) knows everything. Me: I'm sure she's smart now stop picking your nose.

7 comments:

Queen Mel said...

she is such a funny kid......

gypsybug said...

HILARIOUS!! man I love kids....they make everyday life silly.

Sunny said...

That was a riot!!! I especially love the "even when you do something dangerous.." part. What does she think you do? Maybe she's seen your superhero outfits hanging in the closet or coming from the drycleaners. That kid is a hoot!!!

Hollee said...

What's with the facial licking?? lol Isn't that a recurring thing?? Last time was eye balls wasn't it? she's a hoot!

Anonymous said...

What's that saying about the apple ....

proudmamma said...

Just wanted to thank you & JJ for your silliness :) I was laughing so hard...honestly had tears.

Madiegirl said...

That's right J, just stand back and let her do her dangerous thing by herself......it will keep you out of trouble for MANY MANY years :-)