Sunday, November 25, 2007

Stumped

I've been teaching pole dancing for about 6 months now and it's been going quite well. There have been a few memorable moments but nothing really worth mentioning.

Last night I did a stagette party for a bunch of girls and they were alot of fun and very funny. I will certainly remember that party for some time to come. It's not because of anything anyone did but something a girl said.

It was relatively early in the evening and she turned to me and said "Are you a stipper? Like do you strip other than this?" Holy crap, I'm sure my eyes just about bugged out of my head. I thought she was crazy on a number of different levels.

First, we don't take out clothes of at pole dancing parties. Good lord. What more can I say on that?
Second, she must have been really, really drunk looking at me. I'm okay with the way that I look but I'm not stripper material. Oye.

Jenn, my sister, came with me last night because of the long drive. Thanks Jenn. She can vouch that I was no looking stripperish. My hair was pulled back for the drive there, I was wearing TWO long sleeve shirt and jeans. I just can't imagine that I project the image of a stripper in any way. Must have been the liquor.

I must say that for the first time in a very long time, I did not have a response for her. I just said "No, I work with Suzie's (girl at the party) brother.

6 comments:

Queen Mel said...

ha, ha, ha.....now that is funny.....thank god I wasn't with you because I would have cracked up over that.......I wouldn't say you "aren't stripper material, some toning would serve you well"...


LMAO

just kidding.......LOL

gypsybug said...

I was at a house party at my neighbors friday night and one of the other party guests was invited to your pole party on Friday night that was up in my neck of the woods.

maybe you have more stripper in you than you think...I say we hit an amateur contest and enter for money!! maybe a duo?? guys like girl on girl.

ROLFLMAO

awareness said...

I am tickled pink to have this vision in my head of you, little stripper girl.....sexy siren you are Sarahdipity.....as I trudge through a slew of report writing today!

Too funny.

ps. still trying to convince my girlfriends to entertain the pole dancing thought. I never realized what a bunch of Victorian broads I hang out with. So far, it's just me and one of their husbands! He's totally in favour! :)

Sunny said...

A friend of mine was at your Friday night party and she said she had an absolute blast!!! We are not strippers. You are not a stripper. What is wrong with these people?!!! You'd be charging a heck of alot more money than $30 a person for a stripper leason and a show. For God sakes!!!

Hollee said...

Aren't you supposed to say "I carried a Watermellon" in cases like that?? LOL

Queen Mel said...

So what did your sister say?