Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Jamaica

Aaahhhh...just saying Jamaica makes me happy. I was leaving the Superstore the other day when I saw a display for a Sesame Street Carribean Adventure. It's a Sesame Street kid friendly Beaches resort in Jamaica. I quickly hatched a plan for Eric, Jillian and I to go next year. It seemed like a great idea at first but then I had time to reconsider.
First, I must say I really, really love Jamaica. I've travelled quite a bit and it's by far my favourite vacation destination. I love the culture, the food, the people, the island, and the laidback-anything-goes attitude. Most of all the the anything goes attitude.
Melanie - you might want to sit down for this. I know some of my confessions have been shocking for you.
When I travel, I love the fact that, for the most part, nobody knows me. I love that I can do whatever, be judged, and then leave! I visited my first topless beach in Jamaica. I felt like a bad girl for doing it back then and now Eric can't get me to leave my top on. Last time we were in the Dominican Republic, when we were at the beach, I only put my top on to get a drink or go eat lunch. And you know what? Nobody cares. It's par for the course at the places . I certainly don't have a perfect body. I'm bottom heavy and I have scars on my chest from a breast reduction. But again, NOBODY CARES. I was going to say that nobody even glances sideways. However, nobody on the beach could stop staring when a European girl went JOGGING topless. Oye....very, very bad idea. Remember the Seinfeld episode that talked about good naked and bad naked? Trust me, topless jogging definitely falls in the bad naked category. I think everyone should try going topless at the beach at least once in their life time. Warning - pick an approriate place. If you whip off your top and let the girls out to play at Mactaquac or Parlee Beach or the pee pool at Wilmot Park, don't be calling me to get you out of jail! Remember my "nobody knows me here" theory....this is a good time to put the theory to good use.
I still want to go away next year but without the critter. In fact, we are planning to go away with friends, Heidi and Cory. Heidi - the Sesame Street thing was fleeting thought....wasn't planning to ditch you. Crap, Heidi and Cory may want to ditch us now that I've voiced that I go topless at the beach. I think we need at least one more adult only vacation before we start taking "family vacations". Jillian would be fun but she's needs to be entertained. I want one more vacation where I can just veg on the beach, relax, and have a few drinks.
LOL...I'm sure there is some nut out there reading this and thinking I'm the anti-christ. I can hear it now..."That girl dances like a hoochie when she's drunk, dances on speakers, goes topless, gets a brazilian bikini wax....no wonder Homer doesn't like her!" Hehehe....just wait until I write about my thoughts on The Da Vinci Code and religion.

3 comments:

Queen Mel said...

OMG, OMG, OMG - Princess!

Topless, R U NUTS! I would turn so red just being any where near you or whoever else it might be. I could never go to a topless beach, one - they would kick me out for wearing a turtleneck and two I would be pointing and starring. Your right, I needed to sit down for that one, thank god I was leaning on my desk so it could catch my Jaw! Please don't ask us to go on a vacation with you two, unless I'm extremely drunk prior to going to the beach cuz I'm going to be embarassed.

Maybe your new name should be "homer the hoochie".

Unfortunatly I did acquire one horrible trait from my mother - I am a prude, such a prude. Even if I were a smaller dress size I would never wear half the clothing that is out there, no way man! I am a 75 year old in a 30 year olds body, always have been always will!

NickyT said...

I read this post the 1st time and didn't comment! LOL I got to thinking maybe somebody is posting under Princess's name and making up stories.
About Brazillian Waxing
Hoochie Dancing
Topless Wearing Escapades
That this isn't the Princess I know LOL!!!!!
Just kidding you! You crack me up! I'm getting a kick out of the "other side" of Princess that I didn't know! LOL

Dee said...

Sarah, I can always depend on you to make me smile! I am all for the "critter free" vacation. Mike and I are thinking about one next year but the sitter problem comes up. I am not sure about the "topless" beach though, I am a little shy, but hey, a few drinks and heaven only knows what would happen.