Thursday, May 25, 2006

Billy Ray Cirrus

Did I spell that right? Hahaha...who honestly cares? So my kid gave herself a Billy Ray Cirrus mullet on one side of her head. Hot. If your are confused go back and read yesterday's blog - First Hair Cut. She probably would have been really cool at the height of the 1980's punk trend. Jillian's hair was all one length with a deep part to the side. She grab the area of hair that would be her "bangs and side burns" and snipped it.
I was anxious to pick her up from daycare yesterday to see the damage. She saw us drive in and so we went straight out back to see her. We usually go inside and get her things first. Well, she runs right over and says "Mama! Guess what I did today?" I asked what she did and she proceeded to excitedly tell me " I cut my hair!". She was very proud of herself and this accomplishment. Me - not so much. I gently explained to her that cutting her hair was not a good thing and that I don't want her to ever do it again. She somberly said okay. I actually felt bad about bursting her bubble. But, for the love of Pete, I can't have her trimming her hair whenever she feels like it. At this point I haven't even see the damage yet. She takes off her hat and I started to laugh. The teachers outside told me they were sorry she cut her hair but they were glad it was Jillian and not another child. They said they knew I would laugh at the situation and not be angry. Angry? Cripes, I'm surprised Jillian hasn't cut her hair at home before!! The girls also said they wished I had gone inside to see the hair in the baggie before I saw Jillian. They said the hair in the baggie looks like alot more than what is really missing.
Next I went inside and saw the baggie of hair. Holy Crap! It does look like a lot! But, upon second glance, the mullet is looking rather pronounced too.
We went home and the minute we walked in the door I called Avalon Spa (been there alot lately) for an emergency fix for Miss Billy Ray. We got an appointment for 6 pm and so that was Jillie's first OFFICIAL hair cut. I got before, during and after pictures.
Now here is the sad, sad part that seriously makes me want to cry. There is a reason Jillie hasn't had a hair cut until now. I'm afraid her curls will be gone once her baby hair is cut. The hairdresser gave Jillie layers last night to try to mask the mullet. When she cut the layers some curls were cut off - that hair is no longer curly, it didn't spring back up at all. Oh god, I think I might vomit. I love her blond ringlets. Don't worry, she's still cute as a button... even with her half mullet. But I'm grieving for her curls.

1 comment:

NickyT said...

Oh no - the curls are gone :(
I'm sure she is still as cute as a button though!!
Has she showed Nanny yet her new "Do"?