Thursday, May 18, 2006

Camper #1 Found

I went up to Nic's store at lunch to get some scrapbooking supplies and then I went to BK to get a veggie whopper. Veggie Whopper is not good, by the way.

I came back down York St and at the bottom I hit a puddle but I didn't see it in advance. Unfortunately there was a lady close to the puddle and I think she got sprayed. So, I found a place to turn around and went back to find her. I pulled up next to her and say I think I splashed her when I drove past. She very meanly said "So that was you!" I apologized profusely, explained I didn't see the puddle until I was in it, and asked if she got wet and offered to pay for her dry cleaning. She said she only had a few drops of water and it was really nothing at all. I'll tell you she was NOT nice to me. Let me ask you this - has anyone reading this ever been splashed by a car and had them come back to apologize? Seriously, I'm having second thoughts about ever doing that again.

As a result, she has won herself a free pass to Camp Stupid. Congratulations, you big Stupid Head!! Seeing as myself and Heidi are the Directors and Founders of Camp Stupid, we reserve the right to change to rules and send people to camp as we see fit and on a whim. Besides, if she's mean she must be stupid too...that's just a law of nature.

Now, I've had a few questions about Camp Stupid.

TayCreek Cropper - I'm sorry but Camp Stupid is like a roach motel...once you check in you never check out. We will not serve you poison as they do at the roach motel but you are banished to camp forever. My deepest regrets.

Nickyaks - Camp Stupid is located in an idealic setting one province over the to west of us. I think you'll agree with our choice of location.

Now that we have our first camper, I must plan some activities for them so they don't get restless.

3 comments:

Kimmartha said...

Not only was I splashed, had I had a bar of soap with me I could have had a complete shower. By the way, I was walking to class that day after I had been dropped off because I did not live in town. And no, the individual did not slow down or come back to apologize. However, it seems to me I saw a brief flash of white around his neck with something printed on it....STU...do you think that was his name? Or, did you actually give away one of your signs!!!

Queen Mel said...

Darnit, I guess I'm going to have to be more careful around you so I do not get "banished", it could happen pretty easily you know....and yes I have been splashed (many times) and NO they have never come back to apologize, that person must have been genuinely a "meanie". I on the other hand would have thrown daggers at you or the "evileye" as is my normal payback to people who don't stop. The only positive that comes from the splashing is that it gives you an opportunity to go buy a new outfit and wear it out of the store with a full explaination to your husband as to why you needed to spend $100+ on a new outfit "honey, some idiot splashed me and I couldn't stay at work looking like a ragamuffin now could I? And yes I needed the shoes to match".

NickyT said...

Holy - I don't know what is worse my spontaneous outburst of laughter reading your girls emails everyday or reading your Blogs!!!