Monday, March 10, 2008

That's Nasty!

I went to the doctor this morning and it looks like I was right about my throat. The sores look like canker sores but they did a swab just in case.

I stayed home from work today and as soon as JJ walked through the door she went into nurse mode. She is so cute and caring. She took off her coat and took my by the hand into the living room. She climbed on up on my knee and said "Let me feel your forehead, Mama. Yup, you still have a fever. Do you still hurt all over?" I told her that yes I hurt all over but my throat really hurts. True to form, she asked to see and I let her. She took one look inside my mouth at my throat and said "That's nasty!" So there you have it. If a 4 year old thinks it looks bad than it must be.

Thanks for all the get well wishes. FYI - Shelley is pretty ill too. She's sick a dog and headed to bed but called to see if I need anything. Can you send some get well wishes her way too?

6 comments:

Queen Mel said...

My nurse just lays me down on the couch, kisses my head, covers me up and walks away......and says "have a good nappy nap".....hard to get good care these days!

Sunny said...

I miss my buddy! I miss you tremendously so get better soon so we can hang out again and so you won't hurt so much anymore!!!! I can make you some tortilla soup if you want. That may make you feel a little better.

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

Both of you FEEL BETTER real soon.

proudmamma said...

I'm so sorry you are still feeling terrible. It does remind me of a video clip I saw the other day about the MAN COLD. I'll send it your way...maybe it'll cheer you up :) Hope you feel better too Shelly!

awareness said...

Hey Princess.........it's been two weeks of dealing with fluish stuff....coughs and aches etc. It comes and goes..... I hope it doesnt last long for you.

I should've read your blog today before I left you a goofy message on your work phone.

thinking of you.........

gypsybug said...

yucky, no fun. I hate being sick. When I sick I completely forget the feeling of waking up feeling healthy. It feels like you will never get to feel that again! Get better before the weekend, I come home Friday night.