Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Own Private Hell

I'm still sick and I'm not getting any better. In fact, the sores have now taken over my entire throat and my tongue. I'll survive but I'm miserable. I'm so hungry but the pain overrides the need to eat. Today I've had a popsicle, coffee, 2 yogurts (I was surprised at the pain that caused) and water. So, so, so much water. If you hear in the news that water tables in the city are low, it's probably my fault.

In addition to my pain,I'm completely totally bored of my skull. I have no desire for visitors because it's hurts to talk. I've scrapbook, I've read, I've been online. Not only am I bored, I'm a sucker for punishment. I find myself watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. What is up with that?!?!?! I'm torturing myself but I can't help it. It's no secret that I have a huge appetite. I'm always the first in line for food and I always go back for more. There have been a few stories float around about my eating habits, how much I eat, and often I eat. You make yourself an extra sandwich at lunch and pack it away for later at one crop and all of a sudden you have a reputation. Geesh.

The other night I was up late watching TV because my throat hurt too much to sleep. I was watching Tori and Dean - Inn Love (I know...bad TV). Anyway, they are starting a new business - french fries with all kinds of different dipping sauces. I've been craving that for 2 days now because of that show. I want fries and different dipping sauces.

I've been craving all sorts of odd things, simply because I can't eat anything. I've never had a chili dog in my life but I was craving one today. Basically anything I see on TV....I want. I'm going to go watch Survivor. At least those people aren't eating much more than I am.

Oh, and from what I'm told, hunger and pain make me pissy and distant ;)

2 comments:

proudmamma said...

Still feeling sick??? Did your doc take a swab of your throat? you know if you arn't able to eat 'cause you are in so much pain...they can prescribe fentynl suckers (yes, narcotic suckers. At least you might be able to eat. This seems to be lasting a long time...maybe see your doc again...

Hollee said...

I agree with proudmama! Get to the Doctor again! There's got to be something they can do for this! "Run it's course" my ass!! You've got to get something for the pain...if nothing else, fentynl suckers sound like a helluva lotta fun!!