Friday, March 07, 2008

Living It Up

Yesterday after work, I was outside for 25 minutes wearing only a sweater. Mind you I was chiseling away the ice that was in front of the shed door. Let me back up and tell you about that little adventure. I'm staying at my parent's house right now...they're in Florida until early April. The main source of heat in the house is the pellet stove. I love the stove but it is a fair amount of work. I needed to get pellets from the shed last night so away I went.

First I had to to walk down the path the through the backyard to the shed. The path was sheer ice but I made it to the bottom in one piece. However, once I got there I realized that water also travels downhill where it pools and then freezes at the base of the door. Therefore, making it impossible to get the door open. That is where the 25 minutes of hammering at the ice with a shovel came in. I finally got the door open enough to squeeze me and my ever growing muffin top through.

Once inside, I had to get behind a glass table and pull out the bags of pellets that weighs at least 50 lbs. I squeezed them through the opening at the doorway. Then I had to try to drag my sorry, out of shape ass, AND the pellets up the death trap of a path to the house. Once I got them in the house, I had to throw the bag down in the basement. I did this 3 times before I ran out of steam. I waited about 3 hours before I stacked the pellets by the stove.

Lucky me I get to repeat this in only 3 days!!!!

Tomorrow I will turn off the stove to clean it and then restart it. I really know how to live it up. I like the heat from the stove so I can't complain. It's a labour of love.

3 comments:

gypsybug said...

are you finally gonna leave the house and not let that stove run your social life!

Amy: Sarah wanna hang?

Sarah: Would love to, but I can't. Must go home and feed the stove. :o(

The Original Princess said...

Sarah: Amy, wanna hang?

Amy: I would love to, but I can't. Must get sunburned in Florida.

Sunny said...

I'm back from Florida and would hang....I would also love the heat from the pellet stove because my body is very upset to come home to find my driveway non-existant due to the large amount of snow and my house is heated with electric heat....blah!!!!
I hate snow!!! I love palm trees instead.