Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Shovelling Skirt

I have a skirt that from here on out will known as my Shovelling Skirt. I really think everyone woman should have one. What exactly is a Shovelling Skirt you ask? Well, it is a very practical piece of clothing one wears to shovel the driveway in -20 degree weather. Let me set this all up for you.

Yesterday morning I was all dressed in a skirt and high heel boots and walking out of the bedroom at 7:20. Mr Princess, who was staying home from work due to not sleeping at all the night before and a cold he'd had for a few days, informs me that I would have to shovel the driveway before I leave.
I looked at my clothing and said "I'll drive through it".
He said "There is alot of snow and you won't be able." He had already been up out of bed to get JJ dressed and fed, let the dog out, and call in sick.
I said "I'm wearing a skirt, the snow will be heavy and I only have 10 minutes. Can you help me?"
He said "I'm wearing shorts and I'm beat from snowblowing the driveway twice in 12 hours on Sunday and Monday."
I said nothing and I walke outfiguring that I was then giving off so much steam that the snow would melt if I stood next to it.
As I'm putting on my coat, he comes down and does the same. I say "I can handle it, I don't want your help. Leave me alone."
He continues to put his outdoor stuff on. So I repeat myself and he says "Sarah, that's not very nice." I say nothing but I'm thinking that it's a nicer than me putting the shovel up your ass!
So I put my coat on and head outside to shovel. The snow was in huge chunks at the end of the driveway and it was heavy. I'm standing on boulders in my sexy Shovelling Skirt breaking up snow boulders with a shovel and the mister comes out and helps. I cleared enough to get the car out and then went inside to get JJ and leave.

As she and I are in the car backing out of the driveway, the mister is walking up the driveway to the garage. JJ says "Watch out, don't run over Daddy." I said "I won't, that would be far to obvious today."

And that is how I came to own a Shovelling Skirt. I feel this is also good time to mention that I'm actively seeking a Sugar Daddy to finance an extended trip to someplace warm and tropical for myself and a few friends. If you know any SDs who may be interested please send them my way.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL ... I have to laugh at being beat from snowblowing.

Have they cut your snowbanks back yet? I'm assuming that's why you had to shovel. They've been through the neighbourhood up here already to cut them back ... something they don't usually do until, oh say, FEBRUARY!

Anonymous said...

hehe...I chose to drive thru it yesterday. I actually backed up the van and made a run for it....LOL

lesly said...

I think if you keep shoveling the driveway in a skirt then you are sure to attract some attention from men who like to save damsels in distress. To get even faster service you might try using a really tiny shovel. The men you attract might not be SD's but at least you can retire your skirt : )

Queen Mel said...

I laughed so hard when I heard this story yesterday....um I don't shovel, never have...hubby does it or else.....and I really don't care if he's done it twice already and lets not forget he has 2 big driveways. Hubby would sing your praise to only have to do the one tiny driveway....LOL

Poor, Poor Mr. P....

I'm sorry but if I find an SD I sure as heck am not giving him up BUT I am willing to share so long as he has enuff $$ to go around..........for you I would do that :o)

Anonymous said...

I too was thinking the same thi ng the your shovelling skirt should bring some Sarahdipity and a charming gent would offer to shovel it for you.

You would be Rob's hero if he knew you were out in a skirt shovelling the driveway I also refuse to shovel. I figure I sweep, swiffer and vaccuum the floors and the driveway and mowing is all his :)

I'll keep my eyes open for a SD for ya. Would be funny wouldn't it to write a singles want ad for a SD and see what type of reponses one would get.

The Original Princess said...

Let me make this clear...my shovelling had nothing to do with pleasing anyone. I was PISSED about the whole affair.

Queen Mel said...

yes you may have been PO'd but if you put a spin on it anything can be good....

still searching for "our" SD

:o)

BTW, I do not vacuum or swiffer either, I do sometimes sweep but only if I must :o)