Monday, December 10, 2007

I'm easily bored. I mean I can have 10 million things to do and still be bored with it all. Which brings me to the avoid and pain topics I mentioned last week. I know it's sounds depressing but really it's not.
I have all kinds of piles on my desk that I need to get to but I just don't do it. You see this is a special pile of items that I don't want to work on for one reason or another. A major flaw of mine is that I'm an "avoider". I totally avoid things I don't want to deal with.
The piles on my desk just get moved around on my desk every day so I can work around them. I also keep a notebook on my desk that I write in constantly. I write things I have to do, notes on cases, notes from phone calls etc. I also tend to doodle in this book when I'm on the phone. The notebook typcially tends to sit on the pile of stuff I like to avoid. So one day a few weeks ago, I was on the phone and when I looked down after the phone call, I noticed I had doodled AVOIDANCE. Hello? How clearly do I need to spell it out to myself? Get at that pile!!! I'm publicly stating that I intend to clear that pile in the next 2 weeks while I'm stuck in the office. Mark my words

3 comments:

Kimmartha said...

Wow, reading this was just like reading about myself. It's nice to know that I'm not alone in this area!

Sunny said...

Ditto! I'm the same way. I am an avoider as well.

I'm coming upstairs with a ruler to see just how high that pile is and how small it gets within 2 weeks.

"The real" MarthaSue said...

me too...omg i'm drowning...and am totally avoiding...

ugh