Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Cheer

From what I've been hearing, many people are having trouble getting into the Christmas Spirit this year. I know I'm at the top of that list this year. It's not secret that I'm not a huge fan of the Christmas break but this year seems to take the cake. Usually I dread things but I can manage to get into at least a week before Christmas. I'm still waiting and it's not looking good.

Even shopping this year was a chore this year. I normally love buying gifts for people. I can't even tell you how many fruitless trips I made the the mall this year. I just finished shopping yesterday. That is the lastest I've ever left shopping. I have piles of stuff to wrap downstairs and I would rather stab myself in the eyeball with a hot poker than go wrap anything.

I'm trying to be outwardly excited for JJ. But the truth is, I'd rather go to bed until this crap is all done and over with. I'd rather be at work next week than have to drag my sorry ass around to visit people.

My plan is to take JJ skating, sliding, play with the stuff Santa brings her, bake cookies (don't laugh...its the activity that counts not the charred remains of what were supposed to be cookies) and have play dates to keep me busy.

I guess it's only Saturday and I still have time to come around. Maybe Santa will sends some elves to force some Christmas Spirit into me. Nothing says Merry Christmas like a good old fashioned ass kicking from short men in tights.

3 comments:

Madiegirl said...

If your elf has a brother...let me know :-)

Hollee said...

Soooo...any "little elves" kick your ass yet?? How bout elves in pasties?? lol

cool - my secret code is "lluvg"

Sunny said...

I'm bringing my skates to work. Working sucks while everyone else is not working. Who am I going to email all day if all my pals are at home?
I guess I'll just have to actually work or something. Wanna go have drinks some night next week?