Friday, December 14, 2007

I'm In Love

Yes it's true. I've found a new hair stylist and I love him. After a long search, I decided to try out Justin Fudge at Sue Lawrence. He was recommended by my friend, Nina, who also has curly hair.

I really like my hair but I also really liked Justin. He was totally personable and friendly from the get go. I explained to him that I was looking for someone who was willing to work with my hair curly and NOT try to straighten it at every appt. He looked at me and said "If you don't wan to bother using a straightening iron on it than neither do I!" I smiled and we were on our way. I pointed out a few problematic areas with my hair. Instead of acting like I was a total door-knob like my last stylist, he told me why those issues happen and how he was going to correct it. Sigh...he's awesome.
I have to colour my hair because I'm probably 35% grey now. I don't like coloring it myself because it's so messy and the drug store stuff doesn't cover the grey as well. However, I do it occasionally if I have to. The last time I was in to see my former stylist she snottily (I know that is not a word) said "I see you use drug store color". Whatever, its a freaking 8 week wait to see her. Blah, Blah. So I told Justin up front that I used drug store color and he said "It doesn't look bad at all" What a guy. Then I told him that I prefer to have it done. I also told him I'd like to have red streaks but I don't think I'm hip enough to pull it off. He said we would make it work AND told me I should grow my hair a bit longer. True Love.
We talked about all kinds of things and he told me all about his love life. I helped him justify a few things, because we all know I'm good at that, and he said " I like you!"
I left thinking that Justin and I will be together for a long time. I love my hair and I'm pretty sure Justin just brought my Sexyback! How corny was that?!?! I couldn't resist.

5 comments:

gypsybug said...

I want to meet him....thanks for passing this a long!!! I can't wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

If I had dark hair i'd totally go for the red streaks! Hope you did too.

Lori

Anonymous said...

WOW...a guy that listens...how wonderful for you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

He sounds supurb. It is hard to find a hairstylist for curly hair. I always feel like asking when I make an appointment, do you have a hairdresser that *knows* how to cut curly hair.

I would love for you to go for some sassy reddish streaks. I have had them before but I find that with my hair being so curly that you don't get the full effect that they are there. But in yours it would totally work.

Queen Mel said...

his last name is fudge?